How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Angle eyes, set up?? -check-

Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Default Angle eyes, set up?? -check-

Ok, so i will post my lengthy journey of Fixing my lovely bike, but i'm not quite finnished
i'm on the final stage, cosmetics. I'm installing a lovely pair of Angel eyes (thanks ebay!)

PROBLEM, I HAVE LITTLE IDEA OF HOW TO FIT THIS PEACES TOGETHER?

so here are all the components i have been given.

The Angel eyes (blue) - two of these beauties

resistor/ transformer i think - two of those thingies

this lovely piece of wire, hmmmm

Switch, which i have to put into the circuit. :P

and finally two of these thingies, for connecting to the almighty power supply :P

oh and this, ??? Its seven pages long, but it assumes I'm an electrician, i'm not.

If anyone could sketch up a way of putting this all together, i'll reward you all with my how to, and some lovely photes of me on her , in my red-bull leathers (my fav drink :P)

**ebay and red bull owe me big time :P
+=

Old 09-07-2009, 04:29 AM

Search angel eyes or demon eyes on how to get them into the headlight

Angle eyes, set up?? -check--angel.jpg

Last edited by acollaro; 09-07-2009 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:18 PM

What type of CBR are you puttin the angel eyes on... just wondering because i want to put some on a 125R and are wondering if itll work nicely

Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 AM

good luck man - yeah i did my angel eyes (fabricated them myself) but very tricky to mount in headlights. you actually have to bake your headlight assembly kit in a Oven (yes, a oven) to loosen the insane epoxy glue (or cerement) to take apart and get into the headlights.

just a little tip, DONT get anything on the inside of the headlight glass - it will become permanent (trust me, it happened to me). take your time and have fun.

also

Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 PM

kewl... so you did it yourself? if so can i ask how? because ive bin looking to buy the angel eyes kit for the CBR 125R but i cant find it anywhere...

Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM

It's been awhile since i've done the angel eyes, so forgive me if i am alittle rusty. When creating your own, it's take times and some patience (i believe i made 6-8 sets of rings before I started to pick the ones I liked).

This project will take alot of research, but you get to make a custom accent that no one will have.

(this is all reading reference and idea sparking)
https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/angel-eyes-demon-eyes-how-1000rr-lots-pics-61093/ (read EVERYTHING on this topic)
http://plaza.umin.ac.jp/~satoshi/mod152en.html
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7339061120203#

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(products)
http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm
http://www.besthongkong.com/index.ph...ad88ab480bd224

You can pick up the rods at a local home depot or lowes, also you need to get some resistors (I'm sorry, forgot how strong I used - i just picked up a few sets from fry's and tested LED's to see how bright I could get it without blowing a LED)

remember to buy extra LED's, Resistors, and mini rods (you will screw up)

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM

thanks... alot

Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 PM

Wow, loved the video. I just dont like the part where u have to bake the headlight assembly and how do u glue it back together anyway?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:37 AM

Nice pics. It is great to know about it. Lovely video.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:28 PM

Heres mine finished, i sorta referenced the video posted above for this!
couple things i found:

When you cut the difraction lines in the rod, put alot of them, close together, and make sure that you do not cut them deep, and if you can, start cutting them 3/4" away from the led, if you start too close they absorb too much light and you have a weak spot in the center of the ring.

Baking the headlight is no big deal, preheat the oven to 300, i put mine in for about 4 minutes, took it out and the glue was more than soft enough to pull apart. To put it back together, i left the factory glue inplace, i didnt clean it up. i put the to halves ontop of each other and went around teh whole light with a heat gun while pressing down on the lens. once the glue warmed the two pieces pressed together nicely.

other than that its pretty easy.
I only did one ring because the 929 has a triple headlight, and 2 just looked stupid.

Attached Thumbnails  Angle eyes, set up?? -check--img_0006.jpg    Angle eyes, set up?? -check--img_0008.jpg    Angle eyes, set up?? -check--img_0010.jpg  

Last edited by johnnycrash; 11-27-2009 at 07:58 PM.