General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wont start, fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start, fuel problem

hi all, im new to the forum.

i have a problem with my cbr 125 r7. the problem was that it just cut out on me, then the fi light would not light up nor would it turn over when the electric start was pressed. some how i solved this (was a faulty connection under the tank). but this bring me onto the current problem. the fuel aint getting into the carb. the motor works fine (spilt petrol all over the floor when the key was turned), the fuel line isnt blocked. my only thought is the small fuel injector thats connected to the carb. ive taken it apart cleaned it and everything but still wont let petrol through. but the reason i question this is because it was working before when i was testing for a spark and the end was wet. could this be the definite problem? if it is, is there any way i can get just the part i need without buying the full carb? the fi also shows one long light with two short ones (12) which is engine fault fuel injector. 12, 13, 14 and 15 are all the same error descriptions.

any advice would be greatly appreciated#

cheers

Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. If the spark plug tip was wet when you took it out to test for a spark, then I would say fuel is getting into the cylinder. I'm not very conversant with fuel injected bikes, as there are many components that come into play when starting up the bike. However, all bikes need the same things to occur to enable them to start: Fuel, a good spark, correct ignition and valve timing and a good battery to spin the engine over fairly quickly. Any one of these not present or the timing incorrect and the engine won't start or may attempt to start, but fails. Get a Haynes manual for your machine and follow the instructions on how to check the various settings and tests you can make for when a bike won't start. As you seem to have fuel and a spark, it may just be that the ignition timing isn't right and if this is an electronic set up, you may have to replace the electronic ignition amplifier and/or trigger.

Originally Posted by x AtKiiNSoN x
hi all, im new to the forum.
i have a problem with my cbr 125 r7. the problem was that it just cut out on me, then the fi light would not light up nor would it turn over when the electric start was pressed. some how i solved this (was a faulty connection under the tank). but this bring me onto the current problem. the fuel aint getting into the carb. the motor works fine (spilt petrol all over the floor when the key was turned), the fuel line isnt blocked. my only thought is the small fuel injector thats connected to the carb. ive taken it apart cleaned it and everything but still wont let petrol through. but the reason i question this is because it was working before when i was testing for a spark and the end was wet. could this be the definite problem? if it is, is there any way i can get just the part i need without buying the full carb? the fi also shows one long light with two short ones (12) which is engine fault fuel injector. 12, 13, 14 and 15 are all the same error descriptions.

any advice would be greatly appreciated#

cheers