General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tank pad question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tank pad question

The tank on the F4 I just picked up is near mint, and I want to keep it that way. Even though both of my jackets are designed to keep the zipper pull covered, you never know. My last bike had a tank pad on it, but it was black/carbon fiber. On this bike, I am considering a transparent one.. something like a spine style..

Here is a pic of a typical one but obviously not transparent.

I figure transparent will keep the original look of the bike without adding too much color or black or whatever.. the red/silver IMO has enough color without adding any more.

Does anyone have one of the transparent ones on their bikes that they could share a pic of? I see some cheapies on ebay that look decent, but I will probably hit a few bike shops to see what they have in person.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 01-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They make clear plastic sheets that you can cut to size & apply as well.

How is the clear-coat on your new tank? I'd recommend doing a nice thorough wax b/f putting on your new pad. I wax over my tank pad all the time too.

Just face it, that pristine tank is gonna get scratched. ;-) Just joking. I applaud your wanting to keep it as nice as possible for as long as possible.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The clear coat is near perfect.. the paint on the tanke and fairings on this bike are in great shape... I know the tank will get some scratches.. and while I hate to think it might happen we all know that it will lol.. I like the 'spine' style pads.. and I think that a clear one would look pretty slick but I have never seen one.. they have all been black, CF, or some kind of scrazy image cut into it.

I went out to the garage tonight and let it run for a bit... this is going to be a long few months until the weather is decent... lol.. too much planning going on instead of riding!

Thanks