General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swirl Mark Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swirl Mark Removal?

ORIGINAL: josho66

ORIGINAL: 2manytoys

You need to find a new detail shop..... when i get mine back from a detail there are no swirl marks ever. find a shop that does mostly high end cars. My cost you $20-30 more but it will be worth it

Now I think that buffing just makes things worse. I have had my car detailed before and they buffed it. It put all kinds of swirl marks in the car. I never have had a buff detail that hasn't. I always end up hand waxing my car to get the buff marks out. I can only imagine it would be the same with a bike.
I don't take my cars to detail shops I only do it myself. I am talking about when you buy a new car from a dealership most of them buff the car. I have seen TONS of detail jobs and they have swirl marks in them. Yes there are shops that do a good job but a lot that don't. If someone wants to buff a car or bike they need to take some time to learn how to do it. It takes some skill to properly buff something and not make it look worse. I still prefer a good swirl removing hand wax.
I wouldn't have a dealership wash my car let alone buff one... when you looking for a shop if the shop is full of mini vans and mustangs get out of there fast..... if it full of benz, vettes, and high end cars stop and take a look at there work and see what you think. If the only thing he's going to buff is the bike. I wouldn't spend the $$$ buying a buffer just to do it. just have it done or do it by hand . if he wants to learn to buff then go get a hood out of a junk yard to learn on. Don't do your bike or your car first thing. because there is a 95% chance it will get f..ked up.

Before :

After :

Old 09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swirl Mark Removal?

You need to find a new detail shop..... when i get mine back from a detail there are no swirl marks ever. find a shop that does mostly high end cars. My cost you $20-30 more but it will be worth it

Now I think that buffing just makes things worse. I have had my car detailed before and they buffed it. It put all kinds of swirl marks in the car. I never have had a buff detail that hasn't. I always end up hand waxing my car to get the buff marks out. I can only imagine it would be the same with a bike.
I don't take my cars to detail shops I only do it myself. I am talking about when you buy a new car from a dealership most of them buff the car. I have seen TONS of detail jobs and they have swirl marks in them. Yes there are shops that do a good job but a lot that don't. If someone wants to buff a car or bike they need to take some time to learn how to do it. It takes some skill to properly buff something and not make it look worse. I still prefer a good swirl removing hand wax.
I wouldn't have a dealership wash my car let alone buff one... when you looking for a shop if the shop is full of mini vans and mustangs get out of there fast..... if it full of benz, vettes, and high end cars stop and take a look at there work and see what you think. If the only thing he's going to buff is the bike. I wouldn't spend the $$$ buying a buffer just to do it. just have it done or do it by hand . if he wants to learn to buff then go get a hood out of a junk yard to learn on. Don't do your bike or your car first thing. because there is a 95% chance it will get f..ked up.

Before :

After :
DAMN!!! THat looks GOOD!!! In the good old IA there aren't many GOOD detailers. Most places make a buff job look like crap. If I cuold find somone that would make my paint look like that I would pay a pretty penny for it. Wish there were places around me that could do that.