General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swimin with the fishes

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zaqwert6
Amazing story.

I guess my question is kind of pedestrian but how do you think the side stand snapped? I've never seen that happen on a sport bike in my whole life. Cruiser, with those long a$$ wide angle side arm stands? Sure. But sports bike stands are beasts.
had one snap on a zx6e '00, but it had tons of play, and sat at almost a 45* angle.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Don't want to rain on any ones parade here, but I would think changing of the brake fluid as compulsory.

The stuff is hygroscopic, it just loves water and will absorb any of those little H2O molecules it can get it's hands on.

It may not cause an immediate problem but I bet in a years time when the pistons start to seize in the calipers you will be right pi55ed off.
Especially when it`s really easy to change... Prolly a good idea, just thought that the system SHOULD be watertight, but if one`s getting the whole ride to bits, why not change it too...

A tip I learned a while ago: If you cannot get the back brake to draw fluid, it can be done "backwards" with a big syringe and a piece of plastic tube by opening the bleed valve and forcing the fluid in with the syringe through the bleeder.