General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swimin with the fishes

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swimin with the fishes

Not a good day today folks.. side stand snapped and lucky me my bike was parked in the boatyard where i work close enough to the water to fall in sink 6 ft. I know it was stupid on my part to leave the bike so close so please no **** for that ive already made myself look like a fool. but anyway it a 99 honda cbr600 f4 we pulled it out and the positive thing is the electronics still work except for the speedometer and the entire set of meters.. the lights and battery and most connections seem to be okay though. Also it was brackish water so hardly any salt. I was told to take the spark plugs out and roll it over to get the valves clear and then spray some pb blaster in the valves and repeat the process.. It says its a rust prevent agent and ive been told its great for everything so ive been spraying that s*** everywhere, i mean what can it hurt.... but anyways im about to do an oil change and drain the fuel and try to run most the water out anything i should look for or check? any advice or anyone who has completly drowned their baby (on accident) haha Ive decided im gonna go ahead any convert it to a streetfighter cause ive been wanting to and now seems like the perfect time and suggestions on that as well?? mostly i need parts like gauges and headlights and if anyone knows of any re wiring website or forum or can explain to me anything thatd be great too. thank you!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 PM

amphibious motorcycle sounds like a lot of fun!

really though, sorry to hear it. i hope it all works out. really do.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Idk what pb blaster is, but WD-40 SHOULD be able to remove the water out of it. My advice would be dismantle pretty much everything, replace air filter and all the fluids (well, prolly not need for brake fluid...) Wd-40 the heck out of it, remove and check the battery condition (I'd change it regardless) open and check ALL the electric connections, basically go through the whole thing. The fact that it works doesn't mean there's not water in the connections slowly corroding them away. Prolly gonna have to clean the carbs too. Staple a big piece of paper onto the carage wall, write up every little thing you can come up with, and draw a line over everytime you've done it, this way you stay on track what you have already done, and what still needs to be done... Sorry, but i have to ask why in hell did you park there? Any a**hole could have kicked it in. Did the stand stay on the ground or how did you know it was the cause?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple members have had their bikes be victims of floods. Iirc pacemaker was one, I think. Might try searching 'flood or pming him.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Banned

Pics or it didn't happen

Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 PM

ah WTF - the best part of this thread - my picture - got deleted?

This place has really take a turn for the worse. Good natured ribbin with awesome photography is key!! key!

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 03-02-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
ah WTF - the best part of this thread - my picture - got deleted?

This place has really take a turn for the worse. Good natured ribbin with awesome photography is key!! key!
I dunno. Whoever deleted the post may have done it cause it wasn't up to you usual standards: no female body.

Mayhaps sneaking some helpful advice along with the pic might let it slide?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I dunno. Whoever deleted the post may have done it cause it wasn't up to you usual standards: no female body.

Mayhaps sneaking some helpful advice along with the pic might let it slide?
It was in the Off-Topic originally. By its very nature it doesn't require a, maybe dunk it in a tub of rice, type comment.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 AM

OK y'all, point taken. If you want to continue discussing forum policy and atmosphere, send me a pm. But since this thread was moved to a serious section, serious On Topic replies from here out please