General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with Music

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ep_houston
I used the skull candy ear buds. You can pick em up @ target. Currently, I have a zune so the ear bud that comes with it is actually pretty good. I just put my zune in a carry case with a clip to the my belt loop. Never had any problem with it.

I preferred riding with music and the ear bud isolated some of the engine noise and wind noise. I can still hear the surrounding traffic and it makes for a more enjoyable ride.

+1 on the Skullcandy
I've actually started riding with them in my ears at all times as "ear plugs", they do a nice job of knocking out the harshest notes of engine/exhaust/wind noise without making it impossible to hear.

As for music, I've got a second-generation shuffle (not this silly new one) that I absolutely love. I keep it clipped to a loop on my pants or jacket, and I've gotten so used to it I can skip a track even with my gloves on.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:40 PM

I use sony head phones and my ipod touch, the headphones hang around the back of ur ear and face kind of foward into ur ear, comphy when riding although they hurt a bit when u take ur helmet off and pull ur ears with it. as for volume, not even half volume just loud enough i can hear the music dose not have to be higher than that

Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 AM

I havent posted in awhile but i huess i can input on this. I built a audio amp powered my 3 AAA batteries. Its small enough to fit in the front of the helmet without being in the way. It powers 8...yes 8 1" speakers. they are only 3mm thick so the fit perfectly under the cheakpads. I'm not real impressed with the quality from them so i will be doing some changes. then i simply clip my ipon to the outside, run the wire to it, and i basicly have a high powered mp3 player built into my helmet. I hated riding with wires running to my helmet. this works great and will run for hours without haveing to charge tha batteries. i'll change the speakers this morning then get a vid to shou you guys how it works.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 AM

sound in the vid is bad, they sound really clear in person. i ended up taking 4 of the speakers out and replacing them with 2 1.5" speakers for a lil more bass. you can clearly hear it from atleast 10' away. of course I wont be riding with it that loud, but its always nice to know i can dround out ANY wind noise!
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=MOV00001.flv

Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 PM

I like the cigg lighter out let how ever after seeing that post took a a step further, I have a battery tender, so I bought a spare Plug from radio shack and wired it to the Outlet, its always their and I can pull it off when its not in use with ease. Its quite a pain to get to the battery on the 600rr's this makes it alot more convenient. The bat tender plug is perminatly wired.