Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Riding with music!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding with music!

Just wondering what your guys/gals thoughts are on the subject. I just got the ipod and run the headphones up the inside of my jacket and normally only put 1 earphone in my left ear so it doesnt disable my hearing ability to much but I think its pretty decent for longer trips. Ive noticed when I do get into traffic areas where there is mroe to pay attention to I almost forget the music is on lol. Kinda funny bc its loud as hell in teh one ear being pressed down by my helmet, but for cruising on decently long trips its GREAT i think. Anyone ever heard of it causing any problems/safety issues?

Old 10-31-2006, 02:33 AM
Default RE: Riding with music!

I use my pda and have it housed on my tank bag, then route the wires under the jacket and into the helmet. I can never get the ear buds to stay in the ear correct so a lot of the sound is lot. Even on loud, I can barely hear it above the engine sound and wind noise. I only do it when riding for more than 30 mins since it takes like 15 to put the damn thing on... As long as you can hear the outside world and still have some sort of responsiveness to the real work, you're ok. I even talked on my cell phone on the bike with a bluetooth headset.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if you guys have the same company name, but I use a brand called Earmoulds, moulded shape of your ear plugs, that allow you to attach the buds from your mp3 or whatever, cuts out the wind noise and you don't have to pump up the volume to much (basically the same level you usually use). good stuff

Old 10-31-2006, 03:06 AM

I just use some cheap $5 pos I got for free from my workplace.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:00 AM

I do majority of my ridding on the highway so I enjoy listening to music whilei'm out there, but while in the city I feel that my riding safety is minimized due to the tunes. Ifyour on the highway your focus is on what's in front of you while in the city you have to focus on everything around you.I suggest not listening to music wihle ridingin they city but if you choose to anyways, you should leave one ear open to the element.
[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-31-2006, 10:41 AM

Not saying I dont do it, but keep in mind riding with earphones in is illegal in most states. Technically so is riding with regular earplugs, but anyway.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:28 AM

I sing to myself... "On the road again...just can't wait to get back on the raod again!!"

Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

I myslef always ride with music if I am going any further than like 5 miles...... I can't stand not having music on all the time. Riding the bike isn't any different. MP3 player and a good playlist of metal.
LJ

Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM

I just listen to the engine. I dont think listening impairs you ability to hear especially in a helmet. I cant really hear other cars around me in a helmet. Maybe hearing sirens from emergency vehicles might be a problem.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HondaKidF1

I sing to myself... "On the road again...just can't wait to get back on the raod again!!"
LMAO... willie nelson. I know how to willie.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: Riding with music!