General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

non starter HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry non starter HELP!!!!!

hi, ive recently bought a honda cbr 125 r-4, and am now having trouble to start it, when i try starting it doesnt even want to turn over, then makes a nasty noise from the battery, i had the bike running this morning no probs but it died and will not start again i've tried bumping it and no luck, im thinking it could be the battery thats buggered, but any ideas please

Old 04-19-2010, 12:51 AM

If your hearing a loud, fast clicking sound, its probably coming from your starter relay. Its a sign of a dead battery. the relay just switches back and forth as there isnt enough juice to crank over the bike, thus the resulting noise coming from under the seat.

If it turns out to be a dead battery. Before replacing it, you need to figure out why it died. Jump the bikes battery and get it running, then get a volt meter and make sure its putting out proper voltage. if it is, you should be ok. Ride bike and see if the battery dies again. if it does, replace it. Keep in mind, these batteries only have so many starts in them before they die. They need to be charged with just about every start attempt. Meaning, let the bike run for a bit before you shut if off after starting it. Starting and letting it run for only a minute or two, and repeating this will only kill the battery as it will not have enough time to charge back up.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM

[quote=justasquid;909088]If your hearing a loud, fast clicking sound, its probably coming from your starter relay. Its a sign of a dead battery. the relay just switches back and forth as there isnt enough juice to crank over the bike, thus the resulting noise coming from under the seat.

Thanks for that i have bought and fitted a new battery now which has stopped the noise coming from what you said was the starter relay, but now it just wont start i am stuck now, is there a fuel cutoff and reserve tap on the cbr 125 r4 possibly if there is it is on reserve and has affectively ran out of fuel as ive only just bought bike and was low on fuel when i got it