General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left Rear Turn Signal stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Rear Turn Signal stopped working

I have a 2000 CBR F4 and when I put something in the "trunk" and it pushs the turn signal wires back the left turn signal malfunctions. The front signal will work but the one in the back doesn't, and even the one in the front starts clicking extremily fast. Yesterday I had a can of soda explode in the trunk [:'(]and now the left signal wont work AT ALL in the back. Before I just had the move the wires back and forth till it worked but now nothing will make it work. Can anyone help me? How can I get my rear left signal to work again??? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Banned
Default RE: Left Rear Turn Signal stopped working

First off...

Who carries a soda with them on their bike??? A can??? Aren't they like $.50?

Okay, now seriously. You've probably got that stuff in the rear wiring harness. Take them apart and try to clean it out with a wire pipe cleaner or something.

If you're getting a faster signal up front though, you may have trashed your relay - though it may be that since the voltage isn't going where it should, it's going to the front (though I'm not sure how that would happen).

Old 07-09-2007, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

First off...

Who carries a soda with them on their bike??? A can??? Aren't they like $.50?

Okay, now seriously. You've probably got that stuff in the rear wiring harness. Take them apart and try to clean it out with a wire pipe cleaner or something.

If you're getting a faster signal up front though, you may have trashed your relay - though it may be that since the voltage isn't going where it should, it's going to the front (though I'm not sure how that would happen).
LOL...ok let me explain the soda. You know how a dozen 7-11s became Kwik-E-Marts to advertise the new Simpsons movies? Well i rode to one and got a Buzz-Cola which is kind of a collectors item.And that is why i was carrying a can of soda in my trunk.

Ok, these are prob dumb newbie questions but I gotta ask...what is the rear wiring harness? Do u just mean the loose wires? Also, what's a relay?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

Wiring harness is below your seat, tucked just behind your tailight.

A turn signal relay is what regulates the voltage going to your signals and causes them to blink (intermittent signals). It should be locatedinside your upper fairing.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM

Probably has a short in the woring near the signal. Take the stuff apart and make sure nothing is corroded and make sure no wiring is exposed or rubbed off. Since you are pulling stuff apart, it wouldn't hurt just to replace the bulb as I think they are pretty cheap.