General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LEd tuen signals not working right

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEd tuen signals not working right

bought some sequential LED turn arrows for the rear on my cbr f2

I thought they were plug and play but its only as if they just start the
sequence and only blink* .......this is what they are supposed to do......

2x Led Indicator Yellow Car Turn Sign Arrow Light i25 - YouTube chek it.

Need help! do I need a relay? or something else? Thanks!

J

Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM

you'll probably get the same answers as before..
https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-9...-right-131268/

Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM

its very obvious, and someone already gave you the answer in your last thread. the lights need a constant 12v, or a flashing 12v that has a long enough ON time to let the led finish the sequence. you have 2 options, 1: you rewire the entire turn signal circuit to eliminate the flasher for the rear signals (kindof retarted for the finished product) or 2: since the leds dont have enough resistance and in a way fake the circuit into thinking a bulb is blown and cause it to blink fast, buy a set of led bulb resistors from an autoparts store and wire them in line with your turn signals in the rear and it should have a long enough ON time to finish the sequence

Old 11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by itlnF4I
its very obvious, and someone already gave you the answer in your last thread. the lights need a constant 12v, or a flashing 12v that has a long enough ON time to let the led finish the sequence. you have 2 options, 1: you rewire the entire turn signal circuit to eliminate the flasher for the rear signals (kindof retarted for the finished product) or 2: since the leds dont have enough resistance and in a way fake the circuit into thinking a bulb is blown and cause it to blink fast, buy a set of led bulb resistors from an autoparts store and wire them in line with your turn signals in the rear and it should have a long enough ON time to finish the sequence

And - you need to at least look at a wiring schematic - cause the brown wire you said you have them hooked to right now is the tail light (not brake light) and license plate light 12v+ feed - which is always on whenever the key is on - that's why they are running continuously in your current configuration.

Also - if you throw a really big resistor value in line to slow down the blink rate of the circuit, realize that you'll be slowing down the blink rate of the front signals as well. so while your LED arrows at the back of the bike will work like you want, the fronts might blink really slowly.

Last edited by adrenalnjunky; 11-07-2011 at 02:57 PM.