General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ignition pulse generator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition pulse generator?

I crashed my bike...(flipped it riding a wheelie) and it landed on the front end then fell on its side and cracked the right side cover...i fixed the cover but now the bike wont start...it started after i crashed it so im assuming...i must have done something wrong when i took that cover off or something...but im wondering what the ignition pulse generator does?...i replaced the spark plugs on the bike and changed the oil because the oil was all over the plugs from being upside down im assuming...and all the oil leaked out eventually anyhow...When i crank the bike there seems to be no spark...thanx guys

Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Default RE: ignition pulse generator?

i think in honda speak,the pulse generator is the ignition module.if im wrong i hope someone corrects me.you may have cracked or otherwise torn something loose inside,but if it is indeed shot,you wont get any spark whatsoever.good luck.also check the wiring connections too.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Default RE: ignition pulse generator?

The ignition pulse generator tells the icm that engine is cranking,which in turn icm puts Voltage
to coils.If I had to guess you probally messed up your pulse generator,its a long drawn out process to check,if you have no spark at plugs more than likely you damaged either the sensor
or rotor.