General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would you bypass fyel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi when the DAI is running well its a good system, so if you return it to spec and see if we can get it running right , there are other factors involved with the DAI like the relays , if we check them one by one

Old 04-05-2019, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Hi saw your other post as regards the Pump ,theres nothing complicated there, you just take the pump out and connect the pipes to and from the pump together so you have a gravity feed from the tank, but if you see my earlier post of doing the pump test , that would show if your pump is working correctly

Old 04-12-2019, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah been doing a lot of work to figures omething out im a bout ready to give up and just burn it im a certified auto mechanic and work on a little bit of sport bikes atvs I have a 03 gsxr 750 I swaped the motor with a 600 so I could replace gears in 750 but before I took the gears eout of 600 I just put it in the cradle with modification and stated it up and what do you know clutch push rod seal bad and everyone knows whats got to happen to replace it. so I got this bike 98 smoking joes cbtr600 f3 someone trashed trying to make a stunt bike and im ready to just say f it all so please someone help.

ok with that over here is what has been going on I have removed and cleaned carbs six or seven times fuel floo ding out the dai hoses and intake deleted dai wouldn't run at all replaced and removed fuel filter wouldn't run at all bought knew filter same issue ran fuel straight to carbs runs like crap. still have to put tape to get it to drive at all was running decent like that till two days ago on a short trip started bogging out no matter where I moved tape then sounds like a v twin limped all yhe way home dying off and on. removed everything cleaned checked vacuum all new clamps on everything finally got to the points on the fuel pump man the whole to looked like coral reef cleaned all that fuel pump clicking like new put all back and no change jjust put new e3 plugs in tonight redid all the carb stuff set screws to factory and still not getting enough fuel seems like so I backed them way out no help put them back an now I don't know im at witts end I love bikes and Hondas jbut im really tired of having to work on stuff for days to ride five min. please at my last

Old 04-12-2019, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Hi matey , I've got the Workshop Manual up now, so will be looking at it , will take some time through the day and will be asking you questions , some might be nerdy and some repeats of what you might have already done but have to start somewhere, as you've checked fuel lines first ,how are the electrics looking , first of all what colour are the spark plugs

Old 04-12-2019, 03:03 AM
Default how to bypass fuel pump

plgs two grey two black.eltronics are far as I can tell any thing specific

Old 04-12-2019, 03:05 AM

the bike was unning ok but ony with 3/4 of breathr taped up but now nothing helps
and now sounds like missing on a cynder or s thing new fuel lines vacuum the works with clamps

Old 04-12-2019, 03:27 AM

so a answer to my own question and maybe this will help others. I am only sang this for my bike yours my differ 98 cbr 600 f3.
take off any side fairings you have if ur like me I have none ,so les to worry with. remove seat, and gas tank bolts.
turn off fuel petcock so u are not wasting the precious go go juice. raise gas tank and support for time being. loosen clamps on hoses starting at tank , there should be one at the petcock, one at fuel filter inlet one at outlet, one at fuel pump inlet also one on the outlet, then one more at connections at carb.
unplug fuel pump from wiring harness.
remove fuel pump from the craddel it sets in should be a rubber wide band around it , it will just lift straight up and out of cradle.
remove the inlet hose and outlet hose and set pump aside.

remove the hose at the petcock and set tank aside for more working room.
disconnect the air hoses running to dai switch ,should be two on left side of switch and one on right and just move them out of your way no need to take completely off.
there should be a t connection in the middle of carb rail remove hose on the side facing rear of bike.
take the hose you took off the petcock that leads to the filter and route it under the fram rail and have it connect to the t, but when routing towards tank I had mine come if front of the frame rail for more downward angel do this at your preference.
so you should now have a connectoin at rear facing side of t hoses coming out up to routed fuel line going to filter and hose coming off other side of filter leading up towards where yougas tank we be replaced.
re connect the dai hoses and tuck everything netley in and around hoses for stability and less kinking.
place gas tank back at the spot where it will be seated and prop up for time being connect end of hose you have ran up toward it to petcock and secure with clamp route vent hose or tank and replace tank and bolts . replace seat and side fairings if need be turn fuel on check for leaks.
switch on kill switch on start button and there you go.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Smoking joe
plgs two grey two black.eltronics are far as I can tell any thing specific
Which plug positions were grey and which were black, that is 1 to 4

Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 PM

1 black 2 grey 3 black and 4 grey just did spark test on all four and all four have good fire. all new plugs last night and have check all relays even jumped the fuel cut off my fuel pump contacts are in question for me its clicking and sparking but not fast if I take a small peicie of wire and touch the spring it speeds the spark and tick up and bike idol come up and sound changes and bike sounds good on stand if I move it and it quits sparking or goes slow it drops rpm and sounds again like crap so my troubleshooting training tells me its the pump and or contacts and if im wrong or way off please let me know I will never bitch sbout being corrected or told im wrong because I just learned s thing new.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:53 AM

ive heard that only thr cheap jap pumps have the points and oem don't is ths true

Quick Reply: How would you bypass fyel pump?