CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/)
-   -   How would you bypass fyel pump? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-tech-9/how-would-you-bypass-fyel-pump-158764/)

Smoking joe 04-01-2019 12:38 AM

How would you bypass fyel pump?

Ill start off as saying im new to the forum. So bare with me. I have a 98 cbr 600 f3 SJ edition. All stock exceot for exhaust. I purchased the bike recently in attempts to put it back together to original. The problem im having is it cuts out after 2nd gear just like bigs and cuts in and out of power. I put a peicie of tape over 3/4 of ram air intake and bike runs fine as long as you dont WOT from nothing then it will bog but as long as you roll on it its fine. If i tape of aproxamentky half of it. I get Wot from nothing is about the only way to ride with tape there. But its ridable and barely tell anythi g at all with 3/4 covered. I seen wear to bypass fuel pump and run it gravity feed hkw woukd i do this. And any suggeations on the main cause. I have cleaned all carbs jets bowl etc. Checked all my line and hoses and they seen to be good. Tahbk yoy ahod of time. Ans would like any feed back at all.

CaBaRet 04-01-2019 02:42 AM

Morning and welcome to the forum, can you rev the rpms in neutral (on the stand) and do you get the same bog down, maybe try this test of the pump first to eliminate it as a problem
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/cbrforu...f8483cbd2a.jpg

Smoking joe 04-04-2019 02:49 PM

How to bypass fuel pump

Yes it revs in nuetral fine and only cuts out in third gear and above i have blocked off over half the ram air tube and runs great as lo g as you are not 0 to wot to quick

CaBaRet 04-05-2019 12:07 AM

Think this could be a problem with the DAI , and Air Solenoid as it cuts in above 20mph, have a look at the manual page 5-36, clean through air hoses and sub filters

Smoking joe 04-05-2019 01:24 AM

How to bypass fuel pump

Do you have a link for the manual download. I cant find it anywhere. And ive had all the air valve stuff off and cleaned through i thought about just deleting it, but again dont k iw how to go about it.

CaBaRet 04-05-2019 01:38 AM

Hi matey , yes here it is , but take the tape off the ducts its only restricting the flow , couple of relays with this to check out as well, by the way I will cancel the post you added this morning, it only doubles up on what your asking:)
StephyGee.com

CaBaRet 04-05-2019 01:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Smoking joe (Post 1320420)
And ive had all the air valve stuff off and cleaned through i thought about just deleting it, but again dont k iw how to go about it.

I would leave it on but I know a lot of riders delete it, so best advice i can give is try deleting , see how it runs ,if its not what you think replace it (take some pics so you can put it back the same way).Here's a diagram of how to do it

Smoking joe 04-05-2019 06:35 AM

How to bypass fuel pump

Thanks man. Im going to try some of theses today. I already pulled carbs off they are soaking in brake cleaner and sea foam. As fir taking the tape off the dia i cant until i get the issue solved the bike wont get over 40 mph but with th tape on 100 mph untill it cuts out.ill get back soon as i do some more

CaBaRet 04-05-2019 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Smoking joe (Post 1320425)
Thanks man. Im going to try some of theses today. I already pulled carbs off they are soaking in brake cleaner and sea foam. As fir taking the tape off the dia i cant until i get the issue solved the bike wont get over 40 mph but with th tape on 100 mph untill it cuts out.ill get back soon as i do some more

Hope it all works matey:)

Smoking joe 04-05-2019 10:03 PM

How to bypass fuel pump

okay update on tje situation. Tried the sir valve deleted but bije would not run without it. Would not idel just unpluged the connector and routed the hoses. I also tore carbs completley apart and soaked everything overnight blew everything out amd still same situation. Oh yeahh also put my air fuel screw out to 4 turns still have to use tape on ait box and might even be worse now? Any help would be aprciated im lost unless it is the fuel pump.