General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i make my f4i faster..???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i make my f4i faster..???

can anyone please help me figure out how to make my f4i faster, when i say faster i mean acceleration so can someone please help me with a good site to buy sprockets and advise me as to which are best and maybe even how to intstall them... from small inexpensive things to expensive things.. i would liek to know my options. i know there is no replacement for displacement but i went with a 600 and now im stuck with it for this season so im goign to try and make it the best it can be...

I know its a long post but thanks in advance for the help

Old 06-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Default RE: How do i make my f4i faster..???

The best advice I can give you is to ride. Just ride. Take the MSF course if you haven't. I seem to remember you saying this was your first bike. You need to ride for at least a year or two before you worry about any performance gains.

Ride anywhere you can, take the MSF class and practice what you learn there. Once you get to the point of being comfortable on the street, ride and practice some more. Once you do that, start looking into taking the MSF advanced rider class. Once you do that, start looking into going to local track days. Practice your skills at the track and you will be on your way to being a better, safer, and faster rider. I guarantee you are not even using 1/4th of the ability & power your bike has. Read my signature and learn it.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:42 PM

i am a new rider but i have put about 3500 miles on my bike this season... a decent ammount of miles i thought...

and even though i understand what you saying i woudl still liek to know my options...

can anyone help me?

Old 06-16-2005, 06:05 PM

3500 miles isn't anything at all. Most people on here do that in a month or two. You are still a new rider and a rookie as far as riding a bike goes. Hell i've been riding since 2003 and I still consider myself a rookie. I ride a 900RR and I know I don't ride anywhere near the limits of the bike. Learning how to ride properly and pushing yourself to the limits of the bike will make you a faster & better rider.

I have friends with 600cc bikes, who go to the track and run circles around guys with liter bikes all day long. Riding motorcycles is about skill, practice, and knowledge.

You can add a full exhaust, aftermarket air filter, re-program your ecu, go to a 520 chain & better sprockets, but you will still get beat every time by the rider with better experience and training. Weither he is on a 500cc or a 1000cc.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:25 PM

Props to Neon... All the upgrades in the world wont help you when you lose control of the bike. I've had my 600cc since December and it still sends chills up my spine when it reminds me of who's boss [8D]

Old 06-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here! Here!

I've only had 600RR for a month and have only been able to put 700 miles on it. In the last month my skills have definitely come a long way but I have a much longer way to go until I show my CBR600RR whose boss. I must admit though that I get excited about buying a CBR1000RR and feeling that beast between my legs some day. Don't tell my wife she's the jealous type. LOL!

Old 06-16-2005, 09:05 PM

When your odometer reads 31,000 give me a call and ill help you with some options. I currently ride a 99 CBR 600 aquired almost 2 years ago with 31,000 miles (25,000 are my own).... and it will still outperform me, just as most bikes on the road outperform their riders. If they were even close to maximizing the bikes potential they would be racing them professionally and winning races. I will however say my 600 is down one tooth on the front sprocket and if your going to change anything change both and the chain. All the acceleration in the world wont make up for poor riding technique. I've seen far too many riders loop higher displacement bikes due to inexperience. If you ride with your throttle hand palm high up on the throttle, just think about what happens to the throttle if you suddenly get pulled backward due to being too fast on the clutch and falling backward cause the front suddenly reaches for the sky. And dont think that 600 your riding cant get away from you just like a larger bike. The is one of many important things you'll learn during an MSF course...if you havent, take one.

Enjoy lifes ride, its often far too short..... translates into, stop trying to go faster and enjoy the scenery (during the straights)