General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitant Throttle Response

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hesitant Throttle Response

I'll look into that, however i don't think it turns on for ten seconds when you initially flip it to the "on" position before starting it. i think its like 3-5. unless that is, you mean holding the ignition for 10 seconds...... which might make more sense however i'm not the worlds most mechanically inclined person when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Don't have the stock pipe available anymore, and at the time the problem started, there was no drastic change in weather. i have been living in alabama for 3 months before the problem started and before that was hawaii. (AL has more humidity...) and the TPS is bolted down to the throttle body assembly in a way that you cannot screw it off or remove it. (got some weird circle lookin screws/bolts/stuff on it.) No power cdr and it has not been mapped.[/align][/align]LOL,i checked the fuel pump by taking it out of the tank and connecting a 9 volt to it.... and it worked... so i don't know if thats how you check it but thats what i did. cleaned the tank afterwards. Where on the bike is the FPR? also, when i replaced the throttle bodies, i noticed that the pistons where really really dirty[/align]