General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, subject beat to death!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, subject beat to death!

Ok, I need a rear stand for my 1999 600 F4. I know, do a search on this subject. I have and the more I read, the more confused I got. I really don't want to modify the bike to fit the stand, but I want a solid stand that will fit. Is there one made specific for the bike? Is the uneven swingarm I read about a non-adjustable problem? I read how this one brand is too expensive but good, I read how another brand I great but high yet, still another brand can be had for 1/2 the price and then I read about the uneven swing arm and needing spools, 4 wheel lifts, flimsy that, trip over the handle this, etc. What do I want for my 1999 600 F4. I want to get to work on this bike!

Old 08-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Default RE: Help, subject beat to death!

Just buy any stand meant for swing arms without spools. That's all you need. It has a rubber pad on the stand so as not to mar up your swing arm. Slick indeed.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Default RE: Help, subject beat to death!

I bought a lockhart philips and found that was a huge piece of crap. It was uneven in the store and when I got mine home it was uneven. I got it from the dealership and I wanted a brand new one not the one on the floor and they guy gave me one that was in a beat up box and NOT factory sealed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and took it home and was pissed at the quality of it. I guess it would have worked ok but when I spend my money I don't enjoy buying crap. I went back and talked to the guy I usually talk to and ordered a set of vortex stands. I got them and built them, took me maybe 25min to build both, and the rear is amazing. Very solid stands I just have to figure out how to use the front tripple stand it folds and all this crap and I don't really want to drop my bike. They are quite a bit more expensive but I highly recommend them! It's like my grandma always said, "you buy cheap you buy twice." Also the vortex stands can go either way, spool or regular swingarm.

Mike