General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F2 dying while riding/battery wont charge...anyone had the same problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F2 dying while riding/battery wont charge...anyone had the same problem?

yep...took it to the shop today...they found the problem...it was a bad connection...he said a wire that ran from the rectifier to the battery was corroded (sp) to the point of falling apart...$27.50...pretty cheap fix...thanks for all the tips guys...

Im sure I couldve found it myself like you said, but i got into some time problems...

I had already committed to taking the bike to the shop by Wednesday night close so they coud work on it Thursday...had to have it there by 6, and I didnt get off and home til about 5:45...so I didnt have any time to tinker on it myself...Im gonna pick up a manual soon and do this **** myself...Ive got a couple other things I need to investigate on it...maybe you guys can help me out on them....but i think its just a matter of me getting in there and snooping around like this problem wouldve been...

the blinkers have some kind of wiring short in them...they only work about 25% of the time...most of the time, I have to be going really slow, have the brake lever pulled in, or be stopped with the brake lever in for the blinkers to work...must just be some kind of wiring glitch...what do you think?

then a couple of my instrument panel bulbs are out I think...need to replace them...neutral light and tach lights are out..which the tach doesnt matter unless its night and the neutral i can find without the light...but they do need to be replaced....

one other thing...sorry about rambling...when I pull the brake lever pretty hard...not hard but a good pull ya know...the front end kinda jumps....i can feel what feels like something in the handle bars/forks going up and down kinda...whats that you think? need to bleed the brakes or new pads or disc or what? thanks alot!

Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Default RE: F2 dying while riding/battery wont charge...anyone had the same problem?

Change the regulator I had a similar problem I purchased an updated version for the bike with a metal backing that elimnates the issue of the plastic on the orignial burning out!!!

Old 06-15-2007, 07:55 PM

If you're braking hard and the front end kind of jumps a little sounds like you might have a bearing problem.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:51 PM

2 weeks later now...same problem has happened again....everything just went dead today on the way to work...just had it in the freakin shop and now its doin the same thing again....[:@]

Old 06-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

did they say wire the wire was messed up in the 1st place. that damaged wire couldve messed with your reg/rec , you shouldve replaced that too @ the same time.take your side fairing off and examine the wire/connector and you might want to check your electrical system too

Old 06-29-2007, 01:13 AM

got in there tonight and snooped around for myself...found a disconnected/broken wire that leads into the rectifier...whoever fixes it tomorrow, whether it be me or the bike shop, is going to check/secure all those wires so this **** doesnt happen again

btw, i used the diagnostic steps mentioned above from like 2 weeks ago....worked great...thanks

Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 PM

got in there and messed around w/ it some more today....the wire that was disconnected that I found last night I think had been burnt in two....there was alot of corrosion on pretty much all the wires running into the rectifier which I think was causing alot of resistance in those wires....so we cleaned them all up really well and they didnt seem to be getting near as hot now...went through that whole 6 step electrical system check and everything seemed to be fine...think its all gonna work out now...well see though