General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I fit a 180 tyre to my 600 F2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I fit a 180 tyre to my 600 F2?

Hi all

I've been tinkering with my 1994 CBR600 F2 over the winter here in the UK. I've fitted braided hoses, new chain and sprokets, black screen, K&N air filter and rear seat cowl.

I used to get ex race tyres but the chap has now moved onto a different race bike and only has 180 rear tyres. I currently run a 160.

Does anyone know if I can fit a 180 tyre directly to my rim without problems? If I get a 900 Blade rim and put a 180 on that will it fit?

I just dont want to buy new stuff and it not fit but a nice big fat tyre would be nice........

Thanks for any help and assistance and please let's have some sun soon please..

J

Old 02-18-2010, 07:23 AM

i would say no due to the swing arm and rubbing.......

Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 AM

a 180 would clear the f2 swing arm no problem, it just wont clear the rim... the f2 rim is WAY to skinny to put a 180 on. I have a 900rr rim on my f2 and it clears with no problem at all... no rubbing because of the spacing btw the rim and the sprocket hub. Since the F2 rim will change the shape of the 180 tire it will cause it to rub a lot more

becareful if you change to the 900 rear rim because you are gonna need custom spacers as well make sure that the tire is centered... which is A LOT of measurements... i would recommend a f3 rim since its a direct fit and you can better fit a 180 on it

Last edited by NYKnick1015; 02-18-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 AM

do some measuring. it might. measure the rim width of the wheel it came off of. and measure the tire width inflated on the stock rim. then measure your swingarm width. i put a 210 on my f4 and didnt have to change anything..

Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 AM

WOW a 210... thats impressive, i would love to see that

Old 02-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Default jkof

im not trying to impress any one smart @$5. you wanna see come on over. you dont have anything worth a dmn to type you might just want to not type anything.....if you want i can send you a youtube of me putting the tire on the rim by hand. cause im shure you prob pay someone to do it as well as change your plugs and everything else.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:10 AM

im not trying to impress any one smart @$5. you wanna see come on over. you dont have anything worth a dmn to type you might just want to not type anything.....if you want i can send you a youtube of me putting the tire on the rim by hand. cause im shure you prob pay someone to do it as well as change your plugs and everything else.
so why are you so angry? I didnt read anything that anyone was being a smart azz. Its odd that you would personally attack someone on their ability. how did you come to the conclusion that he couldn't do anything on his bike?

You really need to chill out a little if you plan on being a member here.

Does anyone know if I can fit a 180 tyre directly to my rim without problems? If I get a 900 Blade rim and put a 180 on that will it fit?
Not really sure of fitment issues. but jumping two whole sizes in a tires size can make a huge difference in the handling of the bike. Just something to consider. Not saying it will, and depending on your riding style, you may never notice. But the chance is pretty good.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by speeddemonx60
Dude... wtf... i wasnt trying to be a smart ***... i really wanted to see a 210 on a f4i cuz i never seen it before, the most ive seen was a 190 on a f4i.... but now that you wanna get smart with me... then prove it or it never happened

anyway back to the original poster... play it safe and upgrade to a f3 wheel, everything stays the same and you can up the tire size to maybe even a 170. I have a 170 on my blade rim and it stretches out a bit so on a f3 it should work almost as well

Last edited by NYKnick1015; 02-19-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by speeddemonx60
Thats a pretty big ego u got their...epscpecailly when most of us are all thinking Damn a 210 wonder what that looks like in our heads. Put up a pic or video to let everyone see what it looks like.....how often do you think people get to see a tire that size on a sportbike.

And yea its impressive, never seen a 210 on a sportbike period around here.

OT. My f4i has a factory size 180 on the rear.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Default 210

sorry man. i really thought you were sayn i was a knuckle head and full of chit. and i took it the wrong way. im still gettn use to the site and how every one manages themselfs. and mean you no disrespect. it was an f4 i put it on. ill try and get a pic. and who ever stated above about the change in handling is 100% correct. after the swap my bike rides way diff. in a bad way, like the rear end is so high that the geometry is way forward.

Quick Reply: Can I fit a 180 tyre to my 600 F2?