General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIKE PROBLEMS NEED FAST HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIKE PROBLEMS NEED FAST HELP!!!

Hey guys got a 96 900rr and was revving and letting off of the clutch slowly and all of a sudden I didn't go anywhere. I have no idea what in the world happened and have no experience with bikes and working on them. Any help would be appreciated. I have a feeling that it has something to do with the clutch which i was told was replaced with a race clutch recently. I cannot get it to go into first gear as far as the motor goes. The indicator light show it is in neutral and out of neutral but it can't be because it doesn't do anything. I cannot shift out of that and havn't tried shifting with the bike off which I am told the bike should shift with the bike off without the clutch. If that is the case I was told it may have something to do with the clutch. I just bought the bike 2 wks ago and hope its nothing major please if anyone could help give me a call at (248) 361 2735. Please help guys I planned on riding at the woodward dream cruise and now it seems I may be screwed, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Default RE: BIKE PROBLEMS NEED FAST HELP!!!

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP GUYS GOOD TO KNOW WE ARE LOOKING OUT FOR EACH OTHER!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][&o][][:'(][:'(][:@]

Old 08-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea bro. The only thing I can recommend is to order the shop manual and go through the trouble shooting guide. It surprises me how many people don't own the shop manual. For $50 online it is well worth it.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:49 PM

Thanks for replying man, I do have that honda repair manual from the guy I bought it off of but I was hoping someone else has had some experience in this because I know I am not the only person in the world that has had this problem. Thanks again!

Old 08-23-2005, 06:42 AM

Thats an interesting problem. Does it not engage in any gears or just first? Based off your explination id say its likely a clutch problem. And exactly what was the previous owner referring to as a "race clutch". Was it just new clutch plates or an entire clutch...or a slipper clutch? So many variables I need more info.

Old 08-23-2005, 07:47 PM

I forgot what it was he told me it was pretty sure its just the rings or plates. But he didn't chince on any of that stuff so it may have been. Stuff happens I am going to disregard saying he put in a race clutch because who knows. It will not engage in any gear. Hold in clutch and pop it into gear and it goes nowhere change gears with/out clutch does nothing. No grinding or anything just acts like I never let off of the clutch. Man she still screams just wish she was screaming while moving down the road without pulling it fred flintstone style. ha ha but its not really funny im really depressed anymore.[&o]

Old 08-24-2005, 01:03 AM

Who did the work on the clutch? Do you notice any sounds comming from the cover? If he did the work on the clutch himself id be wondering if he screwed something up. If he had the work done and it was fairly recent id take it back to where it was done and ask them wtf is going on. Otherwise pull the cover and inspect the plates and basket and make sure all is well. Im gonna be pulling mine in the next week or so, have a odd knocking noise from behind the clutch cover. Im hoping its just a broken spring or somethin simple.

Peace
Brendon