Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

BIKE>FAST CAR

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIKE>FAST CAR

Why are there so many STUPID people in this world that think that their mustangs, supras, eclipses, corvettes, chargers, (the list goes on and on) are FASTER than my 954? I do not EVER talk $hit about peoples' cars, let alone categorize them the same in any way, shape, or form. People everywhere I go with their "fast" cars always taunt me, and on some strips in town where people hang out and act tough with their POS 4 wheels always ask to race. I turn to them and say "are you kidding me?" There is no STREET LEGAL CAR in the US that will beat a bike, plain and simple. I have never actually made a bet with them, but I really should start. How dumb are people? Yes- maybe in a 5-mile race, against a car that pushes 450HP+, he will win, but not in these cars.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BIKE>FAST CAR

I think you will be surprised with some cars. 1/4, meh, not so often, but from a rolling start there are a few out there that will leave you breathing dust.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Name one street legal car that will beat a 954 please. Even in 1 mile, hell I'll give you 2.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM

I get the same thing in town but you have to remember that most people have never thrown a leg over a sportbike and seen what it will actually do. But your right most production cars can't hang with our bikes but every now and then you'll run into something that is slighly modified that will hang with you.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 PM

what does a 06 1000rr run in the quarter does any 1 know

Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 PM

k well here you go. my buddy has a 91 mustang, daily driver, runs high 10's. i guarentee you his car will be pretty damn close.
Im not saying you will loose. but i believe there are many cars out there that are daily drivers that can womp on some bikes.

the only thing is that those people who have the fast cars know better than the dumb asses who race against our bikes.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Banned

i believe low 10's with a skilled rider...

i agree AAnderson and i know what you mean but like the others said you would be surprised..

there was i believe a AUDI who hung with a buddy's 04 zx10r....

but then again it all depends on skilled driver of car and of bike..

if you got a newbie on a 600rr.. and i got a ferrari.. new vette.. modified LS1 camaro.. etc.. i will take it

Old 03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

what better target then a bike ? if you can hang or beat a bike then that shows everyone how fast their car really is.. so yea we are targeted . though from a rolling start on the freeway about 60-70 i've seen some badass cars pull on some bikes pretty hard.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: AAnderson

Why are there so many STUPID people in this world that think that their mustangs, supras, eclipses, corvettes, chargers, (the list goes on and on) are FASTER than my 954? I do not EVER talk $hit about peoples' cars, let alone categorize them the same in any way, shape, or form. People everywhere I go with their "fast" cars always taunt me, and on some strips in town where people hang out and act tough with their POS 4 wheels always ask to race. I turn to them and say "are you kidding me?" There is no STREET LEGAL CAR in the US that will beat a bike, plain and simple. I have never actually made a bet with them, but I really should start. How dumb are people? Yes- maybe in a 5-mile race, against a car that pushes 450HP+, he will win, but not in these cars.
Are you talking cars straight from the production line or all cars that are still considered "street legal",strictly 1/4 mile or rolling races?In either case I can name a few cars that will probably surprise you, and it won't take 5 miles, or even 2 to do it. My friend with the same bike, same mods as me and everything, raced an MKIV supra from arollpushing just over 600 rwhp and the supra hung with him to triple digits and then itwalked away from the bike. The supra was an auto, my friendstartedoff in third and kicked down to second going around 35 mphbecause the supra took off too soon.There are plenty of built supras, evos, STis, eclipses (1g & 2g), corvettes, mustangs, etc. that are pushing 500-1000+ hp and are street cars. There are plenty of production cars that push over 500-600 hp straight from the factory too. Next time you run into some of those kinds of people, give them a race just for fun and don't work off of just numbers. Remember, it doesn't have to be flashy or gaudy to be fast, there are some fast sleepers out there too...or if you don't want to take the route of actually racing to see the outcome you can always go to youtube and watch some car vs. bike races...

Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM

Ok so lets say the average price of these cars you're trying to race is $30k. Just say "Well how about I put $20k into my bike so we are on the same playing field as far as money spent and then race you for pink slips." Remind them that you spent 1/2 if not even less than that for your ride and you'll still probably beat them. Then laugh, wave,pee on their car, and ride away. lol Don't really do that. Although back in the day when I wasn't a very nice person we did pee all over the Best Buy Geek Squad VW bugs at a technology meeting when I worked for American TV. We were all wasted and 5 of us thought it was a good idea. It was funny.

Mike

Quick Reply: BIKE>FAST CAR