General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad luck

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad luck

If I didn't have bad luck i'd have no luck at all. After spending a week painting and repainting the tail of my 01 cbr (red and white) I finally got it perfect. Got up this morning and the bike was on its side.(this is my fault for not having anything under the kickstand, it rained and it sunk thru the gravel and fell) When I picked it up there was a pool of oil on the ground. I left it and went to work, when I got home I checked the oil and then went to start it. The battery is dead or so I thought, I changed the battery and still won't turn over I would really appreciate any imput as to what is going on with it. By the way the back fairing was scratched and chipped and cracked at the front where it bolts on. Please help me I'm dying over here.Thanks....................

Old 04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Default Shot in the dark

Hey man, best I can do is offer my support! But One thing MAYBE is check to see if something happened to the point where your bike still thinks the kick stand is down, but then again nvm as I am sure you are putting it in neutral... Again a shot in the dark... sorry wish I could help...

Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 PM

Thats not it, it will click like it's about to start but just won't turn over. Thanks though I appreciate the help.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The BAS (Bank Angle Sensor) has probably been tripped.

Not sure how you reset it, But you could start there and search or wait for another to chime in.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:11 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey man...sorry to hear you encounter some bad luck...but I always try to think positive, like it's meant for you NOT to ride this week. You get what I'm say....you'll feel better, think positive.

As for the click but don't turn over...

1. Have you try push start...pop start it with 2nd gear.

2. Check the starter connection, maybe loose connection when bike dropped.

3. Starter relay? Or bad starter...you can ground & test the starter if it works.

Sounds like a weak connection...

Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 AM

Sorry to hear about your luck. I have the same type of luck myself half the time. I hope you get it resolved. I do not think it's the bank angle sensor though because it clicks. When I had my RR I had a problem and it is not consistant with what you are saying. (who knows though never rule anything out in that situation.) I would listen to estate4life suggestions though. Good luck.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Smile

I want to thank everyone for the input that was given. I talked to a few more people and was told that the ports had oil in them. A friend of mine came over and we took the sparkplugs out, they were wet. I turned it over a few times and she spat oil out all over the place. I cranked her a few more times to make sure there was no more in her, cleaned the plugs and put them back, crossed my fingers and turned her over. It was the most beautiful sound when she started I can't tell you. She smoked pretty good but I was told to expect it.Thanks again for the input and I hope this helps anyone with the same type of problem. Ride safe.....