Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just my luck....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just my luck....

Well, Friday I was fired from my job. I was one of the few manager's at the dealership that was being paid salary+comissions, so they said bye bye. Others were let go too, so I don't think it was directed at me personally. Business has slowed down soo much, they let go of ladies in the business office, porters, mechanics, and me. Earlier in the week, things with the girlfriend of 3years went down the tubes. We are still talking and friendly, just not in the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship sort of way. That hurts the heart big time. I wake up this morning, and find that my truck was gone. Called the police department to file a report, thought it was stolen, and find out it was towed by the property management company. I parked behind a shopping plaza because there were no spots available. Have been parking there for a year now. Ridiculous!!!!! I feel like I just might be at rock bottom.Got all kinds of things going through my head now, don't even know where to sit down and clear my head, so I thought I would just lay it all out right here. Sorry to bother everyone with my negative story, but needed to tell someone.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Default RE: Just my luck....

I feel your pain man. I thought I had the world too. I went to the desert, ex wife cheated on me, got divorced, separated from the military and now I am unemployeed submitting 75 apps a day.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:11 PM

Wow, you got luck like me buddy...lol. Keep your head up man, only one way to go from here and we've all been there before brother.

Whatever you do, just make sure you don't cloud your head enough to miss the opportunities that present themselves to put you back on the right track.

Does this mean your giving up on Fantasy Football?!??

Old 11-03-2008, 04:23 PM

Keep your chin up...both of you.

There are going to be better times soon...[8D]

Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Wow, you got luck like me buddy...lol. Keep your head up man, only one way to go from here and we've all been there before brother.

Whatever you do, just make sure you don't cloud your head enough to miss the opportunities that present themselves to put you back on the right track.

Fantasy Football is sadly a highlight in my life right now, so i will say no!

Hoosier, that sucks, guess i feel your pain, maybe not. i was going to keep it to myself, but after getting my truck towed I just wanted to effing punch everything in the world. Seriously, why kick a guy when he's down?! $280 later I got my truck back, sure wish I had that money back.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: Dluv35

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Fantasy Football is sadly a highlight in my life right now, so i will say no!

Hoosier, that sucks, guess i feel your pain, maybe not. i was going to keep it to myself, but after getting my truck towed I just wanted to effing punch everything in the world. Seriously, why kick a guy when he's down?! $280 later I got my truck back, sure wish I had that money back.

you got fired because you beat me in FFB this week!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:40 PM

No that's why my truck got towed!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Keep your head up D! I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason even if they take you to rock bottom.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM

keep that chin up man....the car biz is a sucky industry, as you already know, BUT there are 1000 dealers out there looking for someone good at what they do.

Quick Reply: Just my luck....