General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

average oil change cost?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: average oil change cost?

i just changed my oil today. 4 quarts of Honda CN4 oil for 13 dollars and an oil filter. everything for 27 dollars and change. just FYI

David

Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 AM

I've used the Mobil 1 MC oil before. Got better results with the Motul though. Make sure you don't use Mobil 1 10w-30.

ORIGINAL: IronFox

honda gn4 oil costs about $15 and the filter for mines about $7. Im thinkin about using mobil1 anyone use it?

Old 04-04-2006, 12:34 AM

Yeah i just did one it costs about thirty bucks. i use 20 50w oil i dont like noise when i used 10 30w the first start up was a little noise but to each his own. Make sure you use motorcycle oil cause car type oil gets bubbles and air pockets or foam. and the tolerences are so close that that could cause trouble. I use honda oil from the dealer. Hope i could help

Old 04-04-2006, 12:40 AM

You shouldn't switch back to regular oil after using synthetic. syn makes seals swell just a bit and could cause a leak if you switch back and fourth.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:42 AM

ORIGINAL: ImmaSquashYou

ORIGINAL: shraz

that is a bunch of lies
you can go from synthetic to non and vice versa easily
No its not, however what you are saying is correct. Let me make this a lil bit more clear. You CAN switch from synthetic oil to non synthetic oil with no problems. Catch is, you are NOT suppose to mix ANY 2 types of oil, that is bad. You will HAVE to completely drain out ALL the oil, as much as you can to the every last drop. Hence this is why i said you are not SUPPOSE to go back and forth with the oils. Being that semi-synthetic is MORE compatible with fully synthetic, you can change the oil gradually which will prevent oil that is still in the engine to be a lil bit more giving in a sense. YOU COULD just swap the oils and shouldn't have any problems, but i wouldn't recommend it.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:45 AM

ORIGINAL: ImmaSquashYou

ORIGINAL: shraz

that is a bunch of lies
you can go from synthetic to non and vice versa easily
No its not, however what you are saying is correct. Let me make this a lil bit more clear. You CAN switch from synthetic oil to non synthetic oil with no problems. Catch is, you are NOT suppose to mix ANY 2 types of oil, that is bad. You will HAVE to completely drain out ALL the oil, as much as you can to the every last drop. Hence this is why i said you are not SUPPOSE to go back and forth with the oils. Being that semi-synthetic is MORE compatible with fully synthetic, you can change the oil gradually which will prevent oil that is still in the engine to be a lil bit more giving in a sense. YOU COULD just swap the oils and shouldn't have any problems, but i wouldn't recommend it.

what is the difference oil is oil only thing syntthetic dose is lasts longer with out breaking down . all this you can not change back and forth is bull **** show me one case of an engine blowing up from switching???? that is crap the oil companys put out to keep you buying there expensive stuff

Old 04-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P B... 36$, schaffer semi syn, incl. wix gold filter. find out about oil yourself, by learning what additives in the different packages do... I don't care what anyone says... there IS a differences, in oil and additive packages. Boron, Phosphorus flashpoints, viscosity loss after hot, and about 20+ other measured considerations, learn ,learn, learn. then make a wise choice. Clean and free, only smoke'n harleys!!!!!!!! Ripp'n