General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

929 undertail exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a 600 rr tailplastic on ebay yesterday and am gonna start swaping my f4 tail to an rr style... looking at the exhaust systems- theyre REALLY cheap for used stock pipes!
even if you chuk the can its worth the 60$ or so for the pipe thatll lead around the corners up to the undertail- then whatever nice can you can fit!
people definately sometimes run a can thats meant for down right-side as an undertail- just hafta find room and not be able to bottom out on the wheel-
BUT heres my new idea! what about running the flat undertail-style can UNDERNEATH the bike right infront of the back wheel? then just a little angle cut pipe coming out from the can to one side or the other!
itd keep the weight lowest and look super clean and let the tail be all pointy and minimal looking.
i wonder how much a foot or 2 less pipe will change everything? i mean either way were adding or subtr length to put the muffler anywhere else...
im really starting to lean toward the low mount idea.
dont buells or something do this? ill look...

Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 PM

put the licence plate sideways bent in a curve like a chain/cog guard on the left side of axle!
(regarding post question from LBS above)

Old 03-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
thanks for some input, ya lookin closer it does look like a custom creation, as for heat issues, i agree , but the thread i seen this on was addressing these issues and it was told by the owner of this bike, there were no adverse affects , a small heat sheild was placed tween the pipe and the rear body, he said that all works great...and i will take that with a grain of salt, cause if i were to dump that much time into it , i wood prolly deal with a few minor issues and tell all its perfect...finding a new pipe for my 929 has been tough, so i figured to think out side the box. not scared of fabrication either and have massive tooling to do anything i want with metal..oh well , i guess i gota think more on this....thanks bros..
it's a newer cbr1000 swing arm