General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

929 undertail exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 929 undertail exhaust

help me yallz, i want this mod bad.. i want a under tail exhaust on my 929 , and need to know what parts i need to make it happen, i saw this in the 900 mods section and wow it looks so good. i need to know what mid pipe and can. i jacked this photo from simpleguy. havent heard back from him about it. help me , imma do this for sure, thanks in advance..(i know this is a 954 but its close enough)

Attached Thumbnails 929 undertail exhaust-954rright-1-.jpg  
Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
LBS

Yikes, is there *really* enough room between the tire/hugger and the muffler to do that?

It sure looks like you would need to source an oval shaped muffler vs a round one...

Where do you put the licence plate

I agree it looks hot, but definately some engineering hurdles to overcome

Old 01-23-2010, 06:48 PM

bump...im still fishin for a clue on this pipe...im fixen to start lookin for a donor pipe , any help wood be great ...thanks again

Old 01-23-2010, 09:07 PM

I believe you can use any pipe that will fit to your liking for that mod. As for midpipe, I doubt there's any premade midpipes that will work. That looks like a custom pipe bending/welding job. Certainly from that picture, it sure looks like the midpipe runs very close to you right leg without protected. I wonder if the rider has any heat issues or plastic warping on the tail fairing.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:22 PM

Looks sick, I am with LBS tho. When you sit on the bike the tire is going to get a couple inches closer to the wheel and then when you hit a bump who knows whats going to happen. My buddy put a licence plate about that close to the tire on his gixxer and it got lost at some point....

Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 PM

sexy, but i woudnt want it on my 954.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:32 AM

thanks for some input, ya lookin closer it does look like a custom creation, as for heat issues, i agree , but the thread i seen this on was addressing these issues and it was told by the owner of this bike, there were no adverse affects , a small heat sheild was placed tween the pipe and the rear body, he said that all works great...and i will take that with a grain of salt, cause if i were to dump that much time into it , i wood prolly deal with a few minor issues and tell all its perfect...finding a new pipe for my 929 has been tough, so i figured to think out side the box. not scared of fabrication either and have massive tooling to do anything i want with metal..oh well , i guess i gota think more on this....thanks bros..

Old 01-25-2010, 03:47 PM

couldnt you use the pipe from a 600rr where it goes up to the undertail and whatever appropriate muffler you can fit there? id go for using whatever tail/body from a rr with undertail exhaust and just put your 900 can on it. or bring your can to a fabrication shop and have them replace the OUTER with oval . thatway you know the inner pipe is all the right dimentions for your bike.
the longer distance from combustion to engin will change its function a bit...
itll also lift your weight higher which is bad,
not to say its a bad idea!
im looking to put a 600rr tail and can onto my f4!
im lookin foreward to seeing how you projet works out.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:54 PM

look at a thread called 600rr custom exhaust.
RedEIK00713 has compiled and explained more information about changing/optimizing your pipes than most people will ever know!!
before you change anything its worth looking , at least to know what your looking for in an ideal setup and which aspects of its design are critical.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 PM

thanks for the post,,, ive concidered tryin a 600rr pipe and just modify it were it need it, and i prolly wood use a 600r or 1000rr can as well since the can flange will be a direct bolt, ive been a fabricator from way back , not scared to dig in , just was tryin to find the best pipe to start with....thanx again...peece

Quick Reply: 929 undertail exhaust