General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$216 Expired Registeration Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $216 Expired Registeration Ticket

So, I was contemplating if I should take the freeway to work or go by streets cuz it was cold. I figured I would go by street. 10 minutes later, a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for expired tabs. My tags expired 2 months ago on my 954 and he gave me a $216 ticket.

I know I can't challenge it but dang, $216 is just way too much for me at this point. So What is the best thing I can do to get it reduced cuz i know there is no way in Hell I can get it waived.

Can you guys please come up with the best story I can tell the judge?

Old 02-03-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by superlund
So, I was contemplating if I should take the freeway to work or go by streets cuz it was cold. I figured I would go by street. 10 minutes later, a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for expired tabs. My tags expired 2 months ago on my 954 and he gave me a $216 ticket.

I know I can't challenge it but dang, $216 is just way too much for me at this point. So What is the best thing I can do to get it reduced cuz i know there is no way in Hell I can get it waived.

Lol.

Tag registration in my state = 120$

120 < 216

You should have just paid the fee.

Just tell the judge you were trying to set aside money for the tags, and there's no way you'll be able to pay for the ticket at that price if you couldn't even pay for tags. Goodluck man!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doubt it. Maybe a lawyer could but you'd spend more on him than the ticket.

You can try going to get it registered before the trial date, showing the judge the new registration and thanking the officer for reminding you of your forgetfulness. Might swing the "Honest Citizen that just forget" plea

Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by superlund

Get your tags renewed before you go to court. Tell the judge your car would not start and if you were late to work you risked loosing your job. Immediately follow-up by saying why else would I be riding my motorcycle to work on a very cold day. Depends on how serious the judge takes your story you may get it reduced. Good Luck!!

Old 02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
MZ5

I do agree with buying the tags before the hearing, for sure. The rest of the story suggested (if true, of course ) is also good, IMO. I'd leave out the part about 'why else would I...' Sometimes it's kinda suspicious when people talk about what they would or wouldn't do, rather than what they did or didn't do. Not always, but lots of investigators (and judges) will use that to detect lies. The court often lets people make payments, at least in my limited experience, as well as sometimes reducing the fine.

Last edited by MZ5; 02-03-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 AM

jesus