General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 CBR 1000RR not starting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 CBR 1000RR not starting...

Hey all, i got a problem with my bike and would like to reach out to the community for some help before i take it in for servicing please!

So, i rode it in the morning, no issues, started up fine all good to go. I get to my friends, garage it, left it alone for maybe an hour? then went to go start it up again, it wouldn't even make that start up noise.

So, now what's happening is, i turn the key to on/ignition (panel board lights up like normal, blinkers work) but my headlight/high beam light aren't on. I turn the kill switch to "off" so i can start the bike...it makes that slight hummmmmm...then i hold the clutch and press the ignition button....nothing. not a sound. nothing at all. The red light on the bottom right hand side of the panel board lights up after i attempt to start and nothing happens....

I bought a new battery, put it in, nothing still. headlights still not on.

I opened up the left fairing to check wiring, everything is connected/plugged in. i open the fuse box, the "starter/headlight" fuse is broke. replaced it with a good one, tried it out, nothing.

What could it possibly be?? what part needs to maybe be replaced? is it a simple fix? or do i need to take it in? how much could it all possibly cost?

THANKS ALL!!!