General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 cbr 954rr fuel tank, chain and sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022 | 05:45 PM
|
Default 2002 cbr 954rr fuel tank, chain and sprocket

Jusy got this bike and it has been laid down a few times. But the last time it was laid down the seller (a good friend of mine) replaced the front tire, wheel, forks and fork seals as well as brake fluid reservoir. From what I see the only thing this bike now needs for sure is the chain and sprockets. I found a set online for 175 brand Is vortex. I wasn't sure if that's a good brand or good price? I don't have the tools or working mount to set the bike on. I'd rather have it done by a professional. Does anyone know how much they should charge me to swap the set? If so that would be great I don't want to get taken advantage of by anyone and get over charged. After that the bike will just need cosmetic work I got some cheap fairing off ebay for it plain jane white ones, however my buddy left the bike outside and the side fairings in his garage, that cause sun damage to a lot of the plastics I want to paint them black, and just black the whole bike out I've never liked having stickers or badges or emblems I won't be putting any cbr or fireblade or 954 or rr badges on it. The fuel tank had a few dents in it and this is where my second question, is it best to order a new tank. Or is it possible to fix the tank? And does anyone know of what that might cost? I hope I don't sound too much like a newbie but you guys are all I've got I don't have any other buddies who ride, so if you all will welcome me it would be greatly appreciated. I Live in el paso texas. If anyone knows a good shop In the area that would be awesome thanks fellas!