General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 honda CBR 600 F4 taillight wiring..HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 honda CBR 600 F4 taillight wiring..HELP.

Ok, I've completely rebuilt my bike.. And the only thing that's driven me absolutely nuts is the wiring.. Can't find help anywhere...

For the tail plugs there three wires coming out of each..a Green, a black/brown, and a Green/yellow.

For the wires running to the back of the bike there is 2Green, 2Black, 2White, and 1Red.

All I need to know is which ones go where.. Tried 100's of different combinations about ready to rip my hair out.. Last thing I have to do before I ride for the first time in 3 months.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 honda CBR 600 F4 taillight wiring..HELP.-img-20120821-00083.jpg   2000 honda CBR 600 F4 taillight wiring..HELP.-img-20120821-00082.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Ryan,

Have you downloaded a copy of the factory Honda service manual? You can find the link to downloading the online pdf, from the F4 section. There are wiring diagrams avail in the manual...section 20-1, Pg 353. <--These diagrams will help you immensely. They show everything you need to know.

Ea of the 2 tail lights has 3 wires. You can see that from ea of the two tail light plugs in your pic. How they go together is as follows...(orienting wiring spots from R to L on ea plug as it goes into ea tail lamp - same as shown in manual diagram)...

R side:
G/Y
G
Bl/Br

L side:
G/Y
G
Bl/Br

Ea of 2 rear signals has 2 wires ea. How they go together is as follows...

R side:
Lb (Light blue)
G

L side:
O (orange)
G

Plate Light has two wires:
Green
Bl/Br (my 2000 is solid Br)

There ya go. :-)

Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Hi Ryan,

Have you downloaded a copy of the factory Honda service manual? You can find the link to downloading the online pdf, from the F4 section. There are wiring diagrams avail in the manual...section 20-1, Pg 353. <--These diagrams will help you immensely. They show everything you need to know.

Ea of the 2 tail lights has 3 wires. You can see that from ea of the two tail light plugs in your pic. How they go together is as follows...(orienting wiring spots from R to L on ea plug as it goes into ea tail lamp - same as shown in manual diagram)...

R side:
G/Y
G
Bl/Br

L side:
G/Y
G
Bl/Br

R side:
Lb (Light blue)
G

L side:
O (orange)
G

Green

I understand your post, and how they *should* go.. Eventually I figured a system that's working..

In my picture.. The two white wires are the constant running, 2 green wires are the signal lights, and the 2 black lights are my grounds. The one Red wire is my brake light.. So what I did was connect the signal lights up properly, grounds up, but I only connected the right side constant power, then connected the red brake light to the left side. So one bulb is always on, and the other lights up when I apply the brakes. The second white wire I capped off. I know it not proper, but it works and serves the purpose. No bike inspections here.

All the diagrams I find online consist of yellow, and orange wires.. But I think the wiring on this old 2000 was completely redone before me, so I don't have those colors which would have made it very simple..

Anyway.. With this system I got I was able to get out today and do some ridin !!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Hi Ryan,

R side:
G/Y
G
Bl/Br

L side:
G/Y
G
Bl/Br

R side:
Lb (Light blue)
G

L side:
O (orange)
G

Green

I understand your post, and how they *should* go.. Eventually I figured a system that's working..

In my picture.. The two white wires are the constant running, 2 green wires are the signal lights, and the 2 black lights are my grounds. The one Red wire is my brake light.. So what I did was connect the signal lights up properly, grounds up, but I only connected the right side constant power, then connected the red brake light to the left side. So one bulb is always on, and the other lights up when I apply the brakes. The second white wire I capped off. I know it not proper, but it works and serves the purpose. No bike inspections here.

All the diagrams I find online consist of yellow, and orange wires.. But I think the wiring on this old 2000 was completely redone before me, so I don't have those colors which would have made it very simple..

*edit* just realized, my bike doesn't have the orange/yellow wires because it had an aftermarker undertail and brake light system, those wires were removed.

Anyway.. With this system I got I was able to get out today and do some ridin !!