General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06' F4I starting troubles... PLEASE HELP...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010 | 12:36 PM
|
Default 06' F4I starting troubles... PLEASE HELP...

Alright everyone, So this is what is going on with my 06' CBR F4I.... About 2 weeks ago i went out to start my bike, turned on the key everything seemed fine (Lights came on, Fuel Pump cycled etc...) went to hit the starter button and all i hear is clicking and sounds like its having a hard time turning over... So i was like ****.... so i got on it and had my buddy give me a push and i popped the clutch... started right up... Went riding around for awhile turned off the bike let it sit for about 2 hours... and then it started up.... So i thought to myself musta just had a bad connection no biggie... But then this past week ive had to pop the clutch several times to get the thing started.. but the weird thing is, is that sometimes when i ride it and have it at a cooler temp and then go to park the bike it will start up, but when i ride it harder and it is sitting threw traffic and i let it sit and try to start it up it wont and thats when i have to pop the clutch... Please HELP.... i have done alot of reading and most people say its either that the battery has a bad cell or its the R/R... please let me know if you have or know someone that has experienced this and what i can do to get it fixed... Thanks Much....

Old 08-02-2010 | 06:08 PM

It sounds like either a problem with:

1. battery/power supply

2. starter mechanical

Check for 1. with a multimeter between the main starter relay and ground. Test both posts while cranking. If your voltage draws down around 8-9 volts then you've got issues there. Check your battery

Check for 2. by propping up rear tire with stand and cranking the engine while in gear. No rotation at the wheel means problems there. Go see a mechanic

Old 08-03-2010 | 01:51 AM

100% your battery. the click is the starter solenoid working. if it starts up after you turn it off without having to push start then your starter is obviously good. i had to do this last summer when the heat cooked my battery. kinda embarrasing. its the battery. try to start it once and if a no go, hook a charger up or jump it. if it starts.... theres your rock solid proof.

Old 08-04-2010 | 01:17 AM

So what was the problem? If it was the battery then that is petty weak for a 2006 model. What electrical mods have you done?