Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Such limited access?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Such limited access?

I understand limiting new members on certain things. And this isn't a complaint, necessarily. But when people are here to learn, and half the things they try to do are so limited, it's difficult. I'm not sure why I get access to posted pics "off limits" when all I want to do is view a mod pic. That doesn't make sense. I even understand why new members aren't allowed to view the classified section...ya don't want someone coming here just to sell their bike. So why not limit it to new guys to just "view" classifieds?

I've been on a lot of offroad forums and not seen such limited access. You guys moderate what new guys can post anyway, so why lock down information in such a way? I've been riding bikes my whole life, and although I'm relatively inexperienced to the sportbike community, this doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure that someone will either explain what I'm missing, or this post won't make it to the forum. But other than someone "paying their dues" why is it so locked down? I know I haven't been here long, but even I can contribute to threads if I could even see what others are posting. Again, this isn't meant as a bash, I am probably just missing something. So I hope there's more logic to it than me just needing to be a "post *****" to gain access to posted pics, etc.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess nobody wanted to take this one on so I'll give you the skinny. For whatever reason there are idiots and psychotic types that pretend to be bikers but really are just drama queens. They join places like this and suck all the intelligence out of it by being insipid and inane. Plus they start stupidity between our good members. Seems they only exist to cause strife amongst normal people.

It is for that reason, and that reason only, that we limit access to new members. Once we are assured a new member isn't one of these freaks we give them full access to the site and after 100 posts you can even sell or part out your bike. Hmmm 5 posts a day for a month and you're gold ... not too much to ask really ...

Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense re: the idiots that just bring a forum down. They're on every forum I've ever been on. Again, thanks for the response. I didn't mean to come off as challenging or anything. It was just weird that pics that were in the body of a post were viewable, but linked ones weren't. At any rate, I appreciate being in the know now.
Cheers