F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yoshimura RS-3 Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea you need gauges and all the bits up front plugged in. Ive never had to mess with o2 sensors (2002...) so good luck. Exhaust shops might not be able to weld it, they usually only have mig welders and i do not think the midpipe is regular steel. Might need to take it to a welders shop.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0
Well I found my answer from this post https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/01-f4i-fuel-pump-not-priming-118984/

NickP123 said, you need your front cowl plugged in for your bike to run. So I ran back out to the garage and plugged it back in and low and behold my fuel pump primed

Moses

Have you retried the resitor again since discovering you need the front on ?

Old 11-28-2010, 06:33 PM

Indeed I did Wizard, your post worked like a champ. The wires on my bike were different color then the pics you posted, so I watched the video posted from YellowCBR. I seen in his video he said the resistor went between the white and white wire that went to the O2 sensor and she fired right up.

Thx again everyone
Moses

Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0
Indeed I did Wizard, your post worked like a champ. The wires on my bike were different color then the pics you posted, so I watched the video posted from YellowCBR. I seen in his video he said the resistor went between the white and white wire that went to the O2 sensor and she fired right up.

Thx again everyone
Moses

See I am not as useless as I look

Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 PM

Today I went out and got the 12mm nut welded on my mid pipe for $9.95 at the local tire shop. The guy did a good job on the weld and it don't leak which is a plus. Now I just gotta save up for a PCIII, the new exhaust shoots blue flames out the back when I let off the throttle.

One quick question, does the blue flame mean its running rich or lean?

Ty
Moses

Last edited by WiSH2oo0; 11-29-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Exclamation

I found this information out from www.arrow.it/eng/website whilst I was thinking about fitting my full system..hope it helps. and maybe saves a buck or two,,,,,So I did not bother with a filter or a PC3. Just make sure your filter is clean and you should be ok, ,

from the Arrow website,,,

" I fitted and Arrow exhaust to my bike. It is necessary to re-jet the bike or to make some modifications on the EFI settings?
During development phase of an Arrow exhaust, we perform several tests to check funtioning and performances of the exhaust. All of these tests are made on a standard bike, without any modifications apart the substitution of the exhaust. All the tests, both on the test bench (performances checks) and on the street (noise levels measurements) are made using a standard bike, with no interventions on the EFI settings. The only case where it is strictly necessary to make modifications on the engine and EFI are the Competition exhausts, developed to eb used on bikes tuned-up for racetracks."

From Akrapovic's website..
"
I bought an Akrapovic exhaust system. Do I have to rejet the bike? Which jet kit do you recommend for use with your exhaust system?
The exhaust systems are designed to function properly using the stock carburetor or electronic fuel injection set-ups. This means that no changes to the stock set-ups are necessary in order to use Akrapovic exhaust systems. Also, all of the performance specifications which we measure and list for each exhaust system model are based on stock set-ups. We assume full responsibility for the accuracy of these specifications. However, we also believe that it is possible to improve the original set-ups when our exhaust systems are used.
Of course, the market for tuning kits is extremely large, covering practically every motorcycle component. Tuning of the exhaust system includes the carburetor and EFI settings in addition to aftermarket components. There is a huge demand for this particular combination.
If you decide to rejet your bike in addition to purchasing an Akrapovic exhaust system, we recommend that you check out the range of products offered by the American company Dynojet. They have achieved excellent results with their carburetor and EFI jet kits, which they test themselves and which are specifically tuned for Akrapovic exhaust systems. However, they only cover certain parts of our range, so it’s best to make sure that Dynojet has a kit for your motorcycle and the Akrapovic exhaust system of your choice.

NOTE:
  • The Akrapovic company assumes no responsibility for the performance specifications given by the Dynojet company or any other tuning company for their products!
  • We guarantee only the accuracy of the performance characteristics given for Akrapovic exhaust systems, which are based on the motorcycles’ stock engine set-ups, and which are officially issued by the Akrapovic company.
IMPORTANT:
  • Tuning of electronic fuel injection systems requires precision and care, since unlike carburetors there are many possible settings which could exceed the useful limit for the engine! This could eventually lead to decreased engine performance, i.e. damage to the engine. We assume no responsibility for the proper operation of Akrapovic exhaust systems in the case of rejetting the carburetor or EFI system. (We suggest that you start tuning using the presets given by the manufacturer).
  • Never change the exhaust system and the jet's or EFI mapping at the same time.
  • First replace the exhaust system, then the other items. Even when replacing the stock air filter with a modified filter, rejetting/remapping has to be performed."

Old 11-30-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by yellowcbr
rich, but if you watch some dyno videos they come rich straight from the factory on occasion

Well almost, the main reason for the flame is because of the timings of the cams and the unburnt fuel

Old 11-30-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
not to step on your nuts... but please dont say "Cadillac converter" ever again..

its "catalytic converter"

Old 11-30-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bigboi18184

what car do you reckon he got ??? ?

A catalytic convertible ?

Quick Reply: Yoshimura RS-3 Install