F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

YOSHI RS3/TRS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOSHI RS3/TRS

Looking for a good cheap slip on for my 01 F4i. I was looking at the yoshi RS3 and TRS. Whats the difference in the 2 other than the TRS being 20 bucks more or so. Any opinion and feedback would be greatly appriciated. If yall know a cheaper brand with good performance also let me know. I dont care about sound but rather on performance. I just dont want a tin can rice burner sound. And is high mount and low mount do anything for performance? thanks yall

Old 10-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Default Re: Yoshi rs3/trs

the RS3 is a standard oval can, while the TRS is the (better looking IMO) triangular-shaped exhaust. im not sure about the performance difference though. as for as standard/high mount, im pretty sure the only difference is appearance. if your looking for a cheaper exhaust with good performance, check out the ones that bootleg__ is selling on the forums. i just ordered mine a few days ago, ill let you know more about the performance gains when i get it on. hope that helps!

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Default RE: YOSHI RS3/TRS

I have the TRS on my bike and like it a lot. That being said, i decided to go with a shorty type can and ordered the one from bootleg. It should get here today or tomorrow. Honestly, i ordered it more for looks than anything else. I'm sure it performs well, but that's not my biggest motivation.

I have seen different dyno graphs that the TRS adds 3-4hp to a stock bike. Not all slipons add that much. Plus it looks good and has a very nice sound to it...not too loud at idle or low rpm, but def louder once you open it up. When i get bootleg's exhaust on in the next couple of days i'll decide whether or not i want to keep the TRS. If i decide to sell it i'll be happy to get it to you for a real good price, if you like.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:00 PM

yo trafficsucks... coming from experience of owning a yoshi pipe, you're not gonna get any performance out of it. and if you're worried about the rice burner noise, my yosh pipe sounded like an acura integra with a greddy exhaust on (basically those fixed up hondas you hear on the streets, The Fast and the Furious). also like axsys said, check out bootleg's pipe. cuz for a better price that the yosh, you can tell the difference in performance also. i dont know if you read my story on here about how i got bootleg's pipe but i live 85 miles away from bootleg's shop and i rode my bike down there (with the yoshi rs3 on) and the bike ran pretty flat, not much pick up or torquey at all. then after he installed it for me the bike felt so much more smoother and i actually had a huge amount of pull around the 3k-7k area, FLAT SPOTS GONE!!!

well that's my feedback coming from a former yoshi rs3 owner to a bootleg pipe. but take what everyone says like a grain of salt. get what you want and what makes you happy... if you like brand names then check em out. be sure to do research on them and take a look at most bang for the buck.

if you do decide to get yoshi, check out www.morepowerracing.com. they have lowest price GUARANTEED [included with shipping
] and they'll price match if you find something else online for better price. got my yoshi rs3 for 285 OTD w/ shipping

hope this helps!!! good luck w/ your decision

Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM

If you decide to go with a Yoshi pipe, in my personal opinion, if you go with CF, get the RS-3, and if you go with Ti, either RS-3 or TRS will do. Personally the CF TRS looks pretty cheap to me for some reason and I see a bunch of people have them on their bikes anyway. I actually just ordered a CF RS-3 for my bike, should be coming to my doorstep tomorrow. I initially ordered a Ti TRS and the very last minute changed it to a CF pipe as I decided to add some CF pieces to my bike. I'm hoping the bike won't deteriorate in performance with the installation of the pipe, if it remains just the same I'll be happy, I'm not expecting any miracles performance-wise from a slipon though. I'll keep ya posted on my first impressions and how my bike runs with the pipe tomorrow when I get it.

-Marko

Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 AM

Thanks yall. By rice burner i meant that high pitched tin can rattle exhaust. Im more for a deep tiger growl than a whiny horse sound. Bootlegs sounds like a plan. As with the yoshi exhausts i can get the TRS for 290 and the RS3 for 259 Its about 25% off so im almost thinking maybe getting a full system? The bootleg pipe does sound tempting tho. Im going to check it out. How much did yall pay and also shipping costs. Keep me updated. Im also looking at PCIII USB and maybe velocity stacks? Any more insight would be appriciated

Old 10-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the S/S RS-3 can and I thought it sounded pretty deep, like my stock a-4.