F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

worst thing happen today.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default worst thing happen today.

heys guys the worst thing happend to me today coming home from work. the one time i get a good wheelie going is the time i dump the bike. right when i turned the corner ran 1st up to about 30mph clutched 2nd to get the wheel up(didnt intend it to be a 12 o'clock) rode it for about 5 seconds leaned back to far missed the back brake and lost my footing and fell straight off the bike. i got extremely lucky. i walked out of the hospital with a spranged ankle and road rash on both my legs( not bad at all, very little). dont know what it did to the bike yet but i know landed on the left side and slide, no flips. I was wearing all of my gear, thank god, if i didnt have my helmet on i would either be dead or paralyzed of some sort. there was two gashes in my helmet, back and left side.
i will post pics of the bike hopfully, its not too bad.

-Tom-

P.S. -WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!!!!! couldnt imagine what it would feel like hitting the pavement at 60mph(it hurt very bad by the way) with no helmet, no jacket, and just jeans.

Old 05-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Default RE: worst thing happen today.

right there with you man. on saturday i went riding my my buddy we went into a left turn and i was at about half lean doing between 35 and 40 and the front just tucked. i think the tires were just to cold, no gravel or oil or anything, just cold is all i can think of. anyway, bottom dropped out i slid, the bike slid then hit the ditch and flipped. not a scratch on my helmet though. i got about the same injury wise, sprained ankle and some scrapes on my knee. the bike has mostly cosmetic damage, but i rode it back to my buddies house so i know it s mechanicly ok for now. im gonna fix it for sure, might be a month at most i think. so anyway, samething here, im glad i was wearing all my gear and im not bad off. ill be back though, and let me just say that im glad i have the experence from it though.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Default RE: worst thing happen today.

I'm glad your not hurt but when you do stupid sh*t like pulling wheelie's on public roads your going to get hurt sooner or later.