CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

the worst thing you can hear... bike tipped over

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the worst thing you can hear... bike tipped over

so we go to our local county fair because there was a stunt show, they made us park on a mix of gravel and blacktop so i find a large rock chunk to put under the kickstand, so we go into the fair and watch the show....THEN IT TOOK A TURN! me and two other guys are about 15 feet in front of the group walking out and my buddy yells "hey bindel your bike got tipped over" and i was like whatever thats not funny... well we get to the parking lot and sure enough i see my bike back tire in theairon its side in the gravel.. one of the parking lot guys were in the fair looking for us to tell me and recognized my buddy and told him.. turns out that when i parked the bike and put it on the "rock" it was a hunk of blacktop that looked EXACTLY like a rock..well it melted and that added to the weight it broke and the kickstand sunk in and then the bike bit it.....

i have a large scratch on top of the tank because it slid down my buddies frame slider and it brokethe kickstand from the angle/weight combo... no biggie i put a band aid on it and say its for character now.. at least i got away with minimal damage..still sucks but whatcha gonna do... thank god i had extended sliders on my bike or it would have been ALOT worse..

when we were pulling out we seen a brand new 1000RR with the same thing only it slid ALL the way down the side of a newer dodge ram...

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 07-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Default RE: the worst thing you can hear... bike tipped over

that sucks man... one reason that I always carry a kick stand puck in my jacket.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:53 PM

yeah it does! i already have a puck now that i am going to carry!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:17 PM

that sucks big time, and such a pretty bike. I go for the crushed can, almost always can find one, and usually keep one in my tank bag too.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry Bindel....this won't effect the ROTM...
Good Luck!
RB

Old 08-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Dont feel bad. Mine dropped 2 days ago. I went to my sisters house to chill for a bit, parked like I normally did went inside and about 2 hours later I hear a bang. Well I wasnt in a hurry cause in town tere is alot of noise. I get ready to leave and right after that and I open the door to see my f2 on its side with oil going down the parking lot. Well the kickstand was up on it, and i was parked uphill so I dont think it would have slid off the stand. Well I go knocking on doors, and a neighbor chick said " I heard it fall, there was a blue car leaving" She didnt try to cehck and see whos bike it was or nothing. Well I look ayt my pipe and someone hit is and bumped it forward busting the stator cover and the front and left ower fairing. Sad part is was its a brand new cheetah street cowl and sides. Man i was pissed..

Old 05-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having a bike fall over is the worst.... At least its fixable.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Sorry to hear that Bindel. I feel your pain about a month and a half ago in my drive way i droped the bike ( lost balence wasn't thinking ) and now my lower right side has some nice size scrachs and some rash on my D&D pipe. but hey paint is fixable and it is still a great looking bike. ride safe and remember the puck.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:57 PM

that was about a year ago, its all fixed now... but thanks!

Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 PM

ha ha ha. wow i guess this is a thread that was brought back from the dead. well that is good to hear that it was over a year ago i was like ****. your bike is one of my favorits on the site hell it was my insperation to me starting the work on my bike. ride safe.

Quick Reply: the worst thing you can hear... bike tipped over