F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

where are the sane people!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: where are the sane people!?

I dont care if they come home that night just because i have a bike, prolly wont see them again after that anyways, unless you get a clingy bitch.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel you, dude... it's about the same everywhere you go. It's all about enjoying 'the ride' of the bike, not to see who'll dive first, trying to the most radical hot-*******! It's those immature riders that ruin it for the rest of us. They're the ones who get the cops attention on ALL of us. Ride responsibly and save the radical moves for the track is all I say...

Old 05-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya or at least the country

Old 12-03-2020, 07:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Same people

I think I can give a short answer to that. Most of the sane people are on this forum. The rest are paralyzed, not riding anymore or dead. I was going to get my Private Pilots license but for unforseen circumstances couldn't complete it. But in flight school there is an old saying. There are brave pilots, there are old pilots but there are no old brave pilots. I think this applies to motorcycles to.
i remember one time I was at the gas station filling up my bike. Another guy on a bike pulled in pieces of flaring flapping in the breeze. He starts telling me about how he rode and how many times he had laid it down. Judging by his bike I'd say a lot. Then he asked me where we were riding today. Answer, I don't know as I was putting my helmet on and riding away.
To be honest I kinda enjoy riding alone. It's a great way to clear your mind and relax.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

13.5yr old post, impressive.

Old 12-05-2020, 03:17 PM
Default Sarcasm

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
13.5yr old post, impressive.
Not sure if you are being sarcastic with me or not. No worries though. ☺️

Old 12-06-2020, 05:59 PM
Welcome crew
Received 212 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Acord
Not sure if you are being sarcastic with me or not. No worries though. ☺️
Probably not, but we're used to the resurrecting of really old threads, and just find it amusing. I think you might have the record for oldest thread revival, btw!

I ride alone 99.9% percent of the time but have inadvertently ended up riding briefly with another rider or small group. I love riding at extra legal speeds, while (usually) remaining courteous of cagers, but their riding "style" led me to let them get far ahead of me...

Old 12-06-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Samson
Probably not, but we're used to the resurrecting of really old threads, and just find it amusing. I think you might have the record for oldest thread revival, btw!

I ride alone 99.9% percent of the time but have inadvertently ended up riding briefly with another rider or small group. I love riding at extra legal speeds, while (usually) remaining courteous of cagers, but their riding "style" led me to let them get far ahead of me...
Wow can't believe I actually have a record for something not bad for my first few days here.
I'm not saying I'm a saint. I've been more than a few MPH over the limit in my life. I just have a couple rules I live by. First I try to only do it when if I mess up, the chance is that I'm the only one who's going to get hurt. Even a motorcycle can hurt some innocent people in a car if hit hard enough. Second I usually ride alone but if someone comes up and challenges me and I see their skills are much better than mine or they are crazier than me. I'm not ashamed to back off. No amount of ribbing is worth me or my bike coming home in pieces.

The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (12-07-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Don't get too excited. There was a 15 year old resurrection a few months back.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 325 Likes on 267 Posts

IMO off topic conversations aren’t a big deal. It’s when someone replies to a decade old thread with, “Hey did you get that fixed?” that make me wonder

The following 2 users liked this post by hamlin6:
90CBRF (01-08-2021), Ron Acord (12-06-2020)

Quick Reply: where are the sane people!?