F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

where are the sane people!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default where are the sane people!?

i swear, since i've had my bike i cant find anyone to ride w/ that doesnt stir up ****. the first people i meet......i was heading into a shopping center and see these two dudes posting up on their bikes, literally laying on them (sitting on passanger seat w/ feet on bars) and i wave........they were too cool for school and didnt wave back. so i get to the store and park and a guy comes up to me in a car making small talk about my bike and how he has one too. the whole time he's looking around like he's nervous. well he tells me that him and some buddies (the guys i passed minutes before) hit up back roads on saturday mornings and asked if i "get low". then begins telling me how two of the guys have wrecked their bikes b/c they took turns too fast + didnt lean enough and ran wide and off the road. now the guy tells me that he's nervous b/c he ran from the cops earlier that day and was trying to lay low. needless to say i havent met up to ride w/ them, lol.

then i keep seeing this guy riding around on a red/black R1. i finally meet up w/ him at a gas station and find out he's 18 and its his 1st bike (no gear). he tells me how he ran from the cops (no tags, no insurance)and dropped the bike b/c of cold tires and slams into a curb. apperantly, so he SAYS.......4 cops show up and in the end he gets off scott free!!!!!! im thinking BS in my head. not to mention he tells me he's had the bike up to 175mph.

where are the sane people at? i dont feel like riding w/ people that are going to attract negative attention and i dont see the need to ride w/ people who constantly speed, b/c then im riding by myself and i can do that anyday! i HAD 8pts on my license when i was 17-20 (stayed on for 3yrs) from being a reckless know it all teen who just got their license. so now i keep meeting all these people who like to try to break the sound berrier every time they take their bikes out and i dont need that, i LOVE my insurance w/o points!!!!!!

i need sane people to ride w/ [:@]

Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: where are the sane people!?

this is nothing new and the worse part about this is that an average rider such as you has to suffer because of some other guy's reckless moves. people in general are stupid. i dont expect stuipd people to do anything remotely clever when they are on the bike. i try to ride with close friends. if i see a new dude in the pack will always stay way behind him just to see what kind of things is he going to pull. be safe!
btw, the R1 can do 175+mph...probably it could hit 180+ under ideal conditions.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 PM

^ exactly man, i've had my fair share of pts and driver improvement classes and im done w/ it. i swear the biggest lesson you can learn........you'll learn it yourself. my parents always told me "dont speed", "wear you're seatbelt".........and what did i do, speed, not wear my seatbelt. i got into an accident that totaled my car and i wasnt wearing my belt. i tell you what, the way i was laying in that car i'd wear the seatbelt to check my mail!!!

im mean, im not trying to sound like a p***y, i just dont want to be around people that are causing **** and getting unwanted attention, and making sportbikes look worse! but everyone i seem to meet or hear about that has a bike, they always race and ride over 100mph everywhere. i dont need that.

solo it is, lol.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they're all at the track!

The following users liked this post:
its been real smooth (03-14-2021)
Old 05-25-2007, 08:03 PM

yeah i know the feeling my retarted buddy got his p o s triumph about 3 months ago never got a licence or insurance.
he went to some festival and on his way home he ran off the road wrecked his bike and broke three ribs
so hes layed up in bed i bet he wishes he had insurance, so im back to riding solo again

Old 05-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

they're all at the track!

WTF?? but you is the craziest mawfaki I know! j/k

just ride your ride man, even friends I consider sane in every part of life do some insane riding when we're out and about (not like running from cops, but other stuff) ... all I can do is ride my ride and let them know they're idiots and we go ride on. imo, you'll rarely find people who ride just like you and when you do then some get competitive and try to up their style which gets you in even more trouble. so just do your thing, and that doesn't have to be solo if u find others that don't "compare" riding styles.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
IDL

I hear you. I'm the safest rider of the friends I ride with and get frustrated sometimes with the stupid things they do. Most are not bad but I find myself talking some sense into them sometimes. Like "man, you know that helmet won't protect you from a crash" as one of my friends likes to wear those thin plastic caps.
Then he'll say "man if i'm in an accident I'd rather not live to be a parapalegic dude!"

Not impressed..

Sometiems I feel like I am dealing with children

Old 05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear ya man, and I know just how you feel cuz I'm exactly the same way! I consider myself a very safe rider, and never out to cause any trouble. I'm very picky about who I ride with, and I've told people straight up.. "I will not ride with you anymore". I'll admit I when I first got my bike I went through my speed phase, zooming around everywhere (nothing like some of these people do though), but have since slowed down alot. I used to go out on the group rides every sunday out into the everglades and run wide open for miles and miles and miles at a time. I got over that though, and now it bores me. I need curves!!! I don't see the point though in hauling *** everywhere, cuz all you do is put yourself and others at more risk, as if it isn't bad enough already, and then **** people off too. I'm a really layed back easy going kinda guy, I don't like making people angry with me. Besides, you guys all know how much I ride, and if I rode crazy everywhere I'd probably be dead right now. There's ALOT of idiots down here, but I gotta admit I've found a pretty damn good group of riders down here. Sometimes they get a lil crazy but for the most part everyone stays orderly, and if they speed ahead I just go my pace and meet them there (or beat them there cuz I took a shortcut!!.That was funny... "hey how'd you get here before us??" LOL)

I guess after my accident back in 2005 (which wasn't my fault and I wasn't doing anything crazy... actually going under the speed limit, just happened), I walked away literally with only a tiny scrape on my one knee. I got to thinking about just how lucky I was, and just how bad it COULD have been. Then laying 4 friends in the ground between 2-06 and 1-07... really helps put things into perspective and make you think twice about some of the decisions you make. Everytime I see someone doing stupid **** and/or riding with no gear, I just shake my head and say to myself.. it's only a matter of time. Streets are not a racetrack.

J next time I'm up there on a roadtrip, we'll go riding I almost made it to MD on my last big roadtrip, but going up Rt. 13 after the Cheseapeake Bay Bridge I got bored cuz there was nothing out there, so I turned around, lol

Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 PM

around here the sportbikes have a really bad rep, because the majority of riders are old guys on harleys and metric cruisers.. I ride solo most of the time because i like to be safe, ive told people that im not going to end up killing myself on a motorcycle because of me being an idiot and i stick to that, sure its nice to go a little faster than the speed limit and use your gears, but i ride to ride and thats the joy of it for me

Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 AM

thirdgenlxi..............

def. like to meet up and ride sometime! be sure to let me know when you are heading this way again.i'd like to get alot of people off here to ride this summer and put a face to a name.

and thanks for all the replies, lol. im not the type to try to prove myself and keep pace w/ people acting'a fool. when they speed off over 70mph or so, i stay right there just over the speedlimit...............hell, i may just be passing them up the road while they are pulled over, hahaha.

The following users liked this post:
its been real smooth (03-14-2021)

Quick Reply: where are the sane people!?