F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. that makes sense. i don't think I've ever tried starting the bike in gear by pulling the clutch. is there any way i could solder those wires together to make them work? or do i have to use that switch? thanks for the help

Old 11-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if you solder those together it would want to start in gear with out the clutch pulled in. I think. Which is no big deal as long as you think about what you are doing before you try to start it. If your not sitting on your bike and you going to start it then put on your gloves and helmet. It might be in gear and WHAM! Its laying on its side in your driveway. Know what I mean.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HONDA OF TULSA 1998 Honda Street Bike CBR600F3 Parts List

The switch is part number 8 on the fiche. If the hole isn't trashed you may be able to
replace the switch, for the $18 cost of a new one. I thought about mentioning the
option to short the 2 wires together. However the "starter lurch" can suck, as any old-
schoolers will tell you. If your side-stand switch is intact and functional, you won't
drop the bike while parked, BUT, it is hard on the starter circuit/gears if you turn over
the bike while in gear, with the clutch engaged.

Ern

Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O! I forgot about the side stand switch. I dont have a sidestand switch. Track bike only. Good catch Hatter.