F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Update on my 02 F4i w/ pics

Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on my 02 F4i w/ pics

If anybody saw my previous post I picked up this F4i, and vowed to make her a beauty. Shes getting there.

So far Ive got new fairings, bar ends, levers, some mirror blockoffs since the ones that were on there were completely useless.

Im waiting on an undertail with the led turn signals, its yellow, also waiting on fairing bolts so its just tacked up together for the moment. I also bought the one million color led kit.

With most the cosmetic **** out of the way next will be chain and sprockets, a full system exhaust and pc.

I'm contemplating whether to paint the tank gloss black, like the rest of the bike, or keep it as is and paint the wheels yellow, or I could do both since the undertail is yellow the wheels would match. Any ideas? Anyways heres some pics, sorry if the quality isnt the best.

Fairings, waiting on bolts/fasteners which are "zinc" yellow

levers and bar ends

polished blockoffs, maybe I should paint them?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned
Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 PM

looking good

Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 AM

where are you going to get a full exhaust from? not that i have the money anymore but last i looked i only found a hindle or something that killed alot of midrange power for top end.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RudyGT
where are you going to get a full exhaust from? not that i have the money anymore but last i looked i only found a hindle or something that killed alot of midrange power for top end.
Well Ive came across a few different sites that sell them. I found them by searching "f4i full system exhaust", cant remember the exact sites but if I remember correctly the exhaust I found available as a full system were

M4
Akrapovic
Erion

I can find them again if youd like the exact sites, and are having trouble finding them, just let me know. I thought about just trying to locate a midpipe and headers for the two bros slipon thats on there now. Not really sure what to do...

Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Banned
Old 02-08-2013, 04:04 AM

Looks sweet man, I dig the undertail - I don't suppose that is from eBay is it? I'm feelin' the yellow and black scheme but, looks like you could use a little bit of yellow up front to balance the contrast of the two colours, perhaps play around in with it in photoshop?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No offense, Just my

but with the tank and undertail like that it just looks like you dumped the bike and too lazy to fix it so you just sprayed the fairings black.

I love yellow accents on a black bike but just not feeling the yellow sections as they don't flow at all.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeffjones
No offense, Just my

but with the tank and undertail like that it just looks like you dumped the bike and too lazy to fix it so you just sprayed the fairings black.

I love yellow accents on a black bike but just not feeling the yellow sections as they don't flow at all.
Well that is somewhat true lol.

I never dumped it, I bought it with horrible fairings a couple months ago.

I plan to make her look great, and really these pics dont do the fairings justice, they look real nice, real glossy. And also I dont think you can tell from the pic but the bolts I got are powder coated yellow. It goes well with the bikes.

And I appreciate all the feedback and ideas! I think I am either going to A) powder coat the wheels yellow to better flow with the black/yellow OR B) paint the tank to match the bike. And thanks for the props on the undertail, Its not from ebay but I believe they do sell them on there too, and it was a bitch to install so Im glad it looks good.

Last edited by Sprock; 02-08-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A second look at the bike, I think what would really set it off would be paint the tank all black and put just the Top honda decal on both sides in yellow.
I would say the only way to keep the undertail yellow would be to paint the rims.

All that and it would look real tight.