F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Uh oh... Did I screw up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Let's keep the discussion on topic guys.
If you want to discuss how bad HOAs suck, feel free to start a new thread.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
Let's keep the discussion on topic guys.
If you want to discuss how bad HOAs suck, feel free to start a new thread.
So we can still discuss about how bad Florida sucks?

JK, back on topic..

Old 03-11-2014, 12:52 PM

if the packing is out it will be louder however it won't do the engine any good
my theory is now the hot gas exiting the exhaust will fill up the empty hollow muffler, creating more resistance for the gas to exit, in other words, possibly cause more resonance around the pipes and decrease the gas flow

If you want it louder why don't you just replace the core with a solid straight through tube, or get one of those hidden under fairing gp exhaust?

and you will prob need remapping with these mod for the bike to run good and you might gain more power

Last edited by icedmind; 03-11-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice

Yeah.. it's HIS fault you can't find an apartment. Now I've heard everything....

Just a heads up - anywhere that bans bikes probably isn't a place you want to live, think about all of the other BS rules the HOA has. Straight pipes on an F4i isn't anywhere near as loud as the plethora of Harley's that run open pipes that are in WAY more abundance than sport bikes. Hell, I pulled onto the main street during a bike night with my gutted exhaust (probably the same set up as he's running) and I couldn't even HEAR my bike even though I was on it...

If you think it's really his fault - you'd be a perfect fit for an uptight HOA. Remember to keep your phone on you, too, so you can take a picture and complain about someone's grass being a half inch too long and destroying your condo's value.
sorry, ban me or whatever, really wish i had more time to be on the forum anyways but as of right now i dont.
but seriously dude, you got a problem with me? did i blame this guy? no, its the amount of people with loud bikes in all categories. but thanks for looking so far into it you created me in your head.
all the places on the island that have garages are condo's for the range of 1k$ per month. and every last one of them have private roads. which means, they can say no motorcycles on our private roads.
i don't even like grass guy, you're flame is ridiculous.
as a side note my yoshi rs3 pipe, brand new with packing, insanely loud, so i put the silencer in it. f4i's are loud with aftermarket pipes. louder than my 2 stroke tripple at WOT.

to the OP please be respectful to the law and those around you and understand that most of the world judges on the actions of one person rather than collect an opinion based on reality.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RudyGT
sorry, ban me or whatever, really wish i had more time to be on the forum anyways but as of right now i dont.
but seriously dude, you got a problem with me? did i blame this guy? no, its the amount of people with loud bikes in all categories. but thanks for looking so far into it you created me in your head.
all the places on the island that have garages are condo's for the range of 1k$ per month. and every last one of them have private roads. which means, they can say no motorcycles on our private roads.
i don't even like grass guy, you're flame is ridiculous.
as a side note my yoshi rs3 pipe, brand new with packing, insanely loud, so i put the silencer in it. f4i's are loud with aftermarket pipes. louder than my 2 stroke tripple at WOT.

to the OP please be respectful to the law and those around you and understand that most of the world judges on the actions of one person rather than collect an opinion based on reality.
Let's see.... you came into a thread flaming a guy about having loud pipes when you can't find an apartment because of said loud pipes when he was ONLY asking about something mechanical to the way his bike runs.

You even said "thanks dude" followed by a bunch of sarcastic remarks about doing burn-outs and being obnoxious.

So yes - ipso facto - you're blaming him. Do you not read what you write?

Oh... you don't like grass??? oh geez... (that wasn't the point...)

I don't have a problem with you. I have a problem with what you said (you flaming another guy for having louder bike), so I said something. Okay? I'm not here to bicker with you.

I'm done jacking this guy's thread. I want to help the OP get his bike running right, that's what he was asking about. He was NOT asking about opinions on exhaust note.

Last edited by Conrice; 03-12-2014 at 08:41 AM.