F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Track days on an F4i

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Track days on an F4i

any one have some pics of there track day..
UPLOAD em!!

i love f4i's

Old 08-16-2019, 07:38 AM
Default Liter bike posers are annoying yes.

I been sporting my 06 6004FI at the track. Picked it up for $3500 with 6500 miles. Cherrry bike..Its quite docile and once at the track you are forced to get leaned over thru them in too hot corners... but once you feel it you can drag pegs due to stock rearset. I feel dialed in on a stock set up.BUT NEED A GOOD SUSPENSION MAN...it also helps you decide what mods you want to go with first ...slip on for weight. An Ohlin ON back and rearset will help alot getting more comfortable and not dragging pegs instead of pucks, love my f4i ...great thru my 60 mile traficless canyon TT runs..gearing for track closer ratio would be nice too..first time out to track day I was running under
1: 55 for 2.2 mile 14 corner and a quarter mile straight. The liter boys loved buzzing me no matter what line I took out of corners. Acting pretty immature..Im 60 and am still ripping it up. Im only getting faster in my second sportbike season. Tons of ways to get way faster. Im a lifetime rider been on flattrack mx and street boring cruisers yawn..Adv too yawn totally found my thing on the track.[QUOTE=birdstrike;639689]Personally I love the chase. There is nothing for fun than getting out there and playing the "how many folks can I pass" game. The best part of this little game isn't actually passing but rather pushing hard to chase them down. If you get out with people around your same riding level or a little better than you, it is quite an intense workout.

I think some of the best feelings I've had come from the realization I'm going into a corner too hot (or what I think is too hot). There is a great feeling about entering a corner on the throttle when you think you're going too fast. The screaming at yourself to "just lean it harder, twist the throttle, the pro's do this corner way faster than this". The feeling on the way out is awesome.

A piece of advice I'll give is to STAY AWAY FROM 1000cc's. Yes I agree...

Last edited by Parboy72; 08-16-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:04 AM
Default Liter bike posers are annoying yes.

[[b]I been sporting my 06 6004FI at the track. Its quite docile and once at the track you are forced to get leaned over thru them in too hot corners... but once you feel it you can drag pegs due to stock rearset. You feel dialed in on a stock set up..it also helps you decide what mods you want to go with first ...slip on for weight. An Ohlin spring and rearset will help alot gettingbmore comfortable band notbdragging pegs insteadbof pucks, love my f4i great thru my 60 mile canyon TT runs..gearing for trackmcloservratio would be nice to..first time out to track day I was running under 1: 55 for 2.2 mile 14 corner and a quarter mile straight. The liter boys loved buzzing me no matter what line I took out of corners. Acting pretty immature..Im 60 and am still ripping itnup. Im knlyngetting faster in my second sportbike season. Tons of ways to get way faster.
Originally Posted by birdstrike
Personally I love the chase. There is nothing for fun than getting out there and playing the "how many folks can I pass" game. The best part of this little game isn't actually passing but rather pushing hard to chase them down. If you get out with people around your same riding level or a little better than you, it is quite an intense workout.

I think some of the best feelings I've had come from the realization I'm going into a corner too hot (or what I think is too hot). There is a great feeling about entering a corner on the throttle when you think you're going too fast. The screaming at yourself to "just lean it harder, twist the throttle, the pro's do this corner way faster than this". The feeling on the way out is awesome.

A piece of advice I'll give is to STAY AWAY FROM 1000cc's. A bad rider on a literbike can really cause you some headache. They'll slow to an almost stop for the corner infront of you, then they grab a handful of throttle on the exit and you are forced behind them again. Many of them are so eratic I am leery of passing. In Grattan last weekend it took me in one session a good 3 laps to actually get by a clown on an R1. I ended up having to stuff him into turn 5 to finally get by him. The guys on literbikes tend to think they're really fast, when in actuallity the bike is fastnot the rider. Of course you have the guys that can ride them too. You won't really need to concern yourself with them. It is kind of nice if they get by you on the straight. You can catch a tow down the straight behind them (draft) until they disapear infront of you.

QUOTE=birdstrike;639689]Personally I love the chase. There is nothing for fun than getting out there and playing the "how many folks can I pass" game. The best part of this little game isn't actually passing but rather pushing hard to chase them down. If you get out with people around your same riding level or a little better than you, it is quite an intense workout.

A piece of advice I'll give is to STAY AWAY FROM 1000cc's. A bad rider on a literbike can really cause you some headache. They'll slow to an almost stop for the corner infront of you, then they grab a handful of throttle on the exit and you are forced behind them again. Many of them are so eratic I am leery of passing. In Grattan last weekend it took me in one session a good 3 laps to actually get by a clown on an R1. I ended up having to stuff him into turn 5 to finally get by him. The guys on literbikes tend to think they're really fast, when in actuallity the bike is fastnot the rider. Of course you have the guys that can ride them too. You won't really need to concern yourself with them. It is kind of nice if they get by you on the straight. You can catch a tow down the straight behind them (draft) until they disapear infront of you.[/QUOTE]

Track day factory 06 f4i..great day ride..65 laps dragging pegs...nčed a new reaset. Slipon and dialed suspesion by a pro..DaveMoss come to Colorado. . Top end I got to 140mph on the quarter mile straight 2.2 mile 14 corners. 75 $half day 4.5 hours 20 minute break per hour. Running Dunlop q3 Sportmax plus. Nice tires.xBeen to 167mph top end..wow...

Last edited by Parboy72; 08-16-2019 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Add picture after 120 miles
Old 08-16-2019, 04:38 PM
Welcome crew
Received 213 Likes on 192 Posts

I love a good "dead thread" revival! Did my first track day this past June 17 at Summit Point. Will be going again in Sept/Oct...