F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHa zmds you've been trying to get rid of that setup all summer!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I have stock rearsets. Before I got plates that moved the stockers back and up both 1" I would scrape the pegs all the time. With a passenger was really bad as I couldn't hang off the bike as much [I've broken both feeler pegs off because of 2up] With the plates on there its much better. The only time I've touched down now is at the track when my body position is way off.
As posted above your body position is off. Lower is good, upper needs work. Lean way more into the turn and foward, you want to put weight on your front tire.
My first track day I thought I was king bad ***. I skipped begginner and started superstreet and I was lapping some and passing everyone. I was grinding my knee pucks down and thought I was way off the bike, then I got my pics and soberd up. Heres one, you can see how upright my upper body is
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  32.6 KB

Keep working at it and you'll keep dropping lap times.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:43 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usetheffours
Maybe your not aware that most riders don't want to have their bike in pieces all summer
lol all summer psh... bro its been over a year lol where u been :-D

Old 08-13-2010, 05:44 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
HAHa zmds you've been trying to get rid of that setup all summer!
lol i had it sold but decided to go ahead and keep it...

Old 08-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
I have stock rearsets. Before I got plates that moved the stockers back and up both 1" I would scrape the pegs all the time. With a passenger was really bad as I couldn't hang off the bike as much [I've broken both feeler pegs off because of 2up] With the plates on there its much better. The only time I've touched down now is at the track when my body position is way off.
As posted above your body position is off. Lower is good, upper needs work. Lean way more into the turn and foward, you want to put weight on your front tire.
My first track day I thought I was king bad ***. I skipped begginner and started superstreet and I was lapping some and passing everyone. I was grinding my knee pucks down and thought I was way off the bike, then I got my pics and soberd up. Heres one, you can see how upright my upper body is

Keep working at it and you'll keep dropping lap times.
Now here's a guy that knows what he's talking about! He's spot on about the pictures, cause they don't lie! You go to a track day and think you're fast and leaning waaay over until you get home and see the pictures ^_^

Dragging a knee doesn't mean **** on a track. If you're not smooth into and out of a turn, dragging anything will just slow you down. You just need to concentrate on body positioning/weight Distro, and being smooth. Forget about trying to be fast and ride your lines. I'd rather be slow and learn than be fast and not learn anything. Eventually experience will catch up and blow the "fast" rider away

Old 08-14-2010, 04:14 PM

cheap fix vs new rearsets are these risers that will push your stock ones up and back 1":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fAccessories