F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thieves.. wtf?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I feel your pain and I'm glad you gotit back. My F4i was stolen a couple days ago and much to my surprise, found within 48 hrs. The thing that sucks though is it cost $400.00 in impound and towing fees to get it back!! Plus whoever stole it popped the ignition and either dropped the bike several times or kicked the crap out of it when they couldn't get it started.
My first instinct was to use some of my cop friends to get me some info and then cut the ***** off whoever stole it but the biggest problem is that the laws protect the criminals much more than they protect the victims. You know, the thing, innocent until PROVEN GUILTY and even thats a joke most of the time because they walk with a slap on the wrist. I figured if I did something to them, my punishmnet would be much worse. Ironic, isn't it? I take comfort in knowing that more likely than not, they are quite stupid and will try it agian and get caught in the act by an owner who acts on impulse, or steal another bike and kill themselves on it.
Now my CBR will have to stay in my garage for a long time until I'm done with grad school and can afford to fix her up.
Finally, like a lot of the other members said, the buyer isn't so "innocent" and putting a bit of legal pressure on him will probably help your situation. Talk to the detectives becasue a bike recovered can tell a lot about who may have stolen it. May be worth a shot. Good Luck

David

Old 07-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't even picked up my new bike yet (will do so tomorrow) but have already bought a disk lock and the SPY 5000 alarm is on it's way. Better safe than sorry!

A neighbors bike got stolen out of the parking garage last year (own stupid fault. He never locked the damn thing although he claimed he did) which is why I got my alarm, wall anchor (for my current bike) etc. when I did. The alarm (and it's blinking blue LED) makes me feel much better at night.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:59 PM

So how'd they figure out it was your bike?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by YellowJacket!
Man, I feel your pain and I'm glad you gotit back. My F4i was stolen a couple days ago and much to my surprise, found within 48 hrs. The thing that sucks though is it cost $400.00 in impound and towing fees to get it back!! Plus whoever stole it popped the ignition and either dropped the bike several times or kicked the crap out of it when they couldn't get it started.
My first instinct was to use some of my cop friends to get me some info and then cut the ***** off whoever stole it but the biggest problem is that the laws protect the criminals much more than they protect the victims. You know, the thing, innocent until PROVEN GUILTY and even thats a joke most of the time because they walk with a slap on the wrist. I figured if I did something to them, my punishmnet would be much worse. Ironic, isn't it? I take comfort in knowing that more likely than not, they are quite stupid and will try it agian and get caught in the act by an owner who acts on impulse, or steal another bike and kill themselves on it.
Now my CBR will have to stay in my garage for a long time until I'm done with grad school and can afford to fix her up.
Finally, like a lot of the other members said, the buyer isn't so "innocent" and putting a bit of legal pressure on him will probably help your situation. Talk to the detectives becasue a bike recovered can tell a lot about who may have stolen it. May be worth a shot. Good Luck

David
Are you serious with the impound fees? I had to pay a bit over $200 to get it back from the impound and they only charged me for one day. Well, glad you got it back. Got any insurance on it that will cover the damages?

What parts do you need to replace? I have bought a service manual and been digging in the bike myself so I know how to fix most of the stuff. I understand that you might not have time, so that sucks.

As far as my case, apparently the guy that was riding it has been ruled out a suspect, because according to the insurance agent, who is conducting her own investigation on the matter, he took the cops to the house of the dude that sold the bike to him. I should know more this week. And because the guy in the car was at fault (member of the insurance co.) at the accident I was told I will get paid 50% of the damages, which is awesome. And if I get a chance, I will go to the court and try to get some from the thief himself, or whatever I can to make him pay up for this.

Good luck with your bike too. Hope you get it up and running again soon.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM

I have two pics of it taken at the tow yard, where I've found it. Now I am on the way to bring her back to life.

Attached Thumbnails Thieves.. wtf?!-recovered.jpg   Thieves.. wtf?!-recovered2.jpg   Thieves.. wtf?!-2011-07-15-17.27.42.jpg   Thieves.. wtf?!-273057_1901385650743_1124746749_31681191_1120410_o.jpg  

Last edited by mbison83; 07-18-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:10 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

glad you got her back man, teraz masz dwie dziewczyny..

Old 07-25-2011, 12:36 AM

^fo sho marnotrawna siostra wrocila po 9ciu miesiacach cala czarna lol

Old 07-25-2011, 02:50 PM

wow man. I'm glad to hear you got her back. looks like she took quite the transformation. you gonna get her back to what she looked like or you gonna go custom.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:08 PM

The potential buyer likes the black, so I'm going to keep the color. Had to sand and paint the wheels black too. The bike had a bent right front rotor, cracked alternator cover, cracked windscreen and right fairing, damaged grips and brake handle, missing bar ends, mirrors, horn, and front turn signal. Thankfully the guy in the car that hit my bike was at fault so his insurance is going to pay up to me for the damages. I have to say that I'm lucky at this point.

Originally Posted by Ls1Tuner_06
wow man. I'm glad to hear you got her back. looks like she took quite the transformation. you gonna get her back to what she looked like or you gonna go custom.

Attached Thumbnails Thieves.. wtf?!-2011-07-23-17.55.51.jpg  

Last edited by mbison83; 07-25-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:28 AM

Ready for a new owner.

Attached Thumbnails Thieves.. wtf?!-2011-07-31-19.33.30.jpg   Thieves.. wtf?!-2011-07-31-19.35.59.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thieves.. wtf?!