F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thieves.. wtf?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, I would advise against meeting this guy. If he is the thief or is in business with the thieves, he's not likely to go "Awww shucks... you caught me " if he twigs that you're the original owner. If that turns out to be the case, the best case scenario is they climb in a hole and pull it closed after them. The worst case scenario is they put you in a hole and fill it in after

Any information or leads you think you may have need to go to the investigating detectives. Tell them a guy is trying to sell you what looks like a part off you bike and see what they say.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Honestly, I would advise against meeting this guy. If he is the thief or is in business with the thieves, he's not likely to go "Awww shucks... you caught me " if he twigs that you're the original owner. If that turns out to be the case, the best case scenario is they climb in a hole and pull it closed after them. The worst case scenario is they put you in a hole and fill it in after

Any information or leads you think you may have need to go to the investigating detectives. Tell them a guy is trying to sell you what looks like a part off you bike and see what they say.
The guy said he got the exhaust from another dude that sold him an f4i, but he stopped txting me after I've asked how I could get in touch with him (saying I was looking for more parts). I think he got scared off. I'm going to contact the detectives tomorrow. I got this dude's name, his wife's name, his city of residence, and facebook along with his pictures.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by mbison83
I got this dude's name, his wife's name, his city of residence, and facebook along with his pictures.
LOL wtf hahawhat's his favorite color underwear?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
LOL wtf hahawhat's his favorite color underwear?
Just a matter of time to find out LOL thanks facebook!

Old 06-28-2011, 01:18 AM

Ok, after 9 months of having my bike stolen, it has been recovered by CHP. Apparently the guy riding it got hit on the 405 fwy and sustained some injuries. CHP says he is an "innocent buyer" (wtf?) but they claim to conduct their investigation. The bike was painted black and purple, VIN grinded off, missing the micron exhaust pipe, stebel horn, mirrors, plates, and my papers were not on it. The bike has a curb rash on the front wheel, broken windscreen and front fairing, side fairing cracked, missing turn signal, and the stator cover is leaking oil. The front brake seems not to hold at times when rolling. Other than that it starts up and rolls. I have already cleared it with DMV, got new plates and parts so I can sell it and get some money back.

I was wondering what else should I do about the guy that was riding it. I even got his fb page lol but confronting him would probably not be the best idea. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails Thieves.. wtf?!-recovered.jpg   Thieves.. wtf?!-recovered2.jpg  

Last edited by mbison83; 06-28-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post everywhere that this dude is a ****ing thief.

I'm the type of guy that would confront him though. I would lurk on his page to get as much info as I could and then say hi when he posts that he's at the local Starbucks.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:27 AM

PS: I see your new bike has an alarm. Good stuff. GPS trackers aren't that expensive either. My second bike (buying probably this week) will get one since I'm going on a long tour.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Post everywhere that this dude is a ****ing thief.

I'm the type of guy that would confront him though. I would lurk on his page to get as much info as I could and then say hi when he posts that he's at the local Starbucks.
Apparently the insurance company of the guy that hit him sent him a letter that they were going to cover 50% of his damages. I have called them this morning and told them about the stolen bike and I was told he was not going to get anything from them after all. As far as confrontation, I do not see how I could benefit from it and I definitely do not need legal troubles. I would definitely like some money for the damages and stolen parts tho.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
PS: I see your new bike has an alarm. Good stuff. GPS trackers aren't that expensive either. My second bike (buying probably this week) will get one since I'm going on a long tour.
Yea, definitely invest in a good alarm. I recommend the Scorpio i900. I also have the Xena disc lock with a 120db alarm in it that is touch sensitive. The thing runs on batteries and I have not had a chance to replace one in mine so I use it as a regular disc lock now. I would not mind a GPS tracker, but I do not want to pay for the subscription.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by mbison83
Apparently the insurance company of the guy that hit him sent him a letter that they were going to cover 50% of his damages. I have called them this morning and told them about the stolen bike and I was told he was not going to get anything from them after all. As far as confrontation, I do not see how I could benefit from it and I definitely do not need legal troubles. I would definitely like some money for the damages and stolen parts tho.
Oh that's sweet. Are you getting any money from your own insurance or just the money you'll get from selling the bike?

Quick Reply: Thieves.. wtf?!