F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thieves.. wtf?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mbison83
Yea, definitely invest in a good alarm. I recommend the Scorpio i900. I also have the Xena disc lock with a 120db alarm in it that is touch sensitive. The thing runs on batteries and I have not had a chance to replace one in mine so I use it as a regular disc lock now. I would not mind a GPS tracker, but I do not want to pay for the subscription.
I have a Spy alarm on my F4 and will get the Spy 5000 for my next bike. I also have a secured (gated) parking space with a wall anchor and disk lock. There are plenty of GPS trackers you can get that don't require a subscription. You just put a prepaid SIM card in it (it will only use credit for text messages when you ask for it's position via phone) but tracking it via Google earth is free. I'm going to get one and hard-wire it to the bike. (I'm not sure how big SPY is in the US but they make one too).

Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 AM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this is an option but have you thought about parting it out? You might be able to make more money off of it that way than selling it as a whole. Glad you got your bike back but sorry its all jacked up. Damn thieves...

Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM

How did they determine that it was your bike? Pretty crazy after 9 months you got it back hah.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Oh that's sweet. Are you getting any money from your own insurance or just the money you'll get from selling the bike?
I had liability only on it at the time.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:49 PM

looks like you need to update the signature

Old 06-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mbison83
CHP says he is an "innocent buyer" (wtf?) but they claim to conduct their investigation. The bike was painted black and purple, VIN grinded off, missing the micron exhaust pipe, stebel horn, mirrors, plates, and my papers were not on it.

What "Innocent Buyer" Buys a bike with no papers and the VIN grinded off.
I would try to go after him for possesion of stolen property...
Then say you will drop the charges if you can point out the house or phone # or email or something from the guy he bought it from, If he cant do that then how innocent is he?
I could drive you to the door of theperson that I bought mine from and he lives 2hrs away.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
How did they determine that it was your bike?
+1 It is cool they gave you the bike, but there must be other stolen F4i's in LA? The bike looks nothing like yours! Sure they could probably see the paint job underneath after the crash, but it looks like all the accessories are different too?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:26 AM

man that sucks! i am so paranoid about someone jacking my bike that i wont leave it anywhere! got pulled over cuase i only had my permit and riding at night and the officer told me i couldnt ride it home. He turned the cornere and i got my b--ch home! really i am more paranoid about someone kicking it down than i am stealing it...sorry bout your luck boss...lesson learned though

Old 06-29-2011, 04:53 AM

ewwww purple.... what were they thinking.
That sucks it got molested man, but hopefully you can make some coin back on it.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:12 AM

sorry to hear that man, been there done that, get a disc brake lock/alarm, as stated before its only a deterrent. I had just a basic disc lock and steering lock and they picked it up anyway, now i have a disc lock with alarm and a saddle outside of my garage and one inside to chain the bike to, sadly thats all we can do. good luck finding it

Quick Reply: Thieves.. wtf?!