F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Thieves.. wtf?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Threads like these **** me off. I'm probably going to end up buying a xena disc lock for the front and rear now. I couldn't stand someone taking my bike with as much time as I have into it (as does everyone on this forum). I just want to go full on with security now....ahhhh please make this guy pay one way or the other.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM

There will always be haters and theives. I just got my bike cover stolen 2 nights ago and to top it off, the person keyed my beloved car. The funny thing is I don't think it was random because my car was the only one that got keyed on the block. Luckily I had the bike chained to the pole.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Default Do not take this laying down.

The bottom line is this, if someone wants your chit they are going to get it. You need to go after the guy that had your bike. He may not have stolen it but the bottom line is simple, he knew it was not legit. If you do not have a VIN you can not title it or get a tag. You also can not get insurance on it. If he had tried to register it the DMV would have known that it was stolen. I am sure that if you press charges he will be more than happy to "assist" you in your time of need. I know not everyone is a fighter or a killer there is nothing wrong with that. You still need to not be a passive participant in this debacle. If you do not take some sort of action you are doing nothing more than participating in this mess. The people or person that stole your mount are doing this over and over. They are trolling around looking for people who, like you used to do, park their bikes outside in unattended areas and lay in wait for the moment when their mark is slipping. Theives and jackers know what they are going to do and have practiced it. Just think about it bro, they took your unique accesories off, removed the VIN, and smeared some kind of a jerry rigged paint job on it; none of that sounds like the work of an unorganised random nuisance. They took your girl home raped her and gave her an ugly tattoo bro'. The source of this problem most likely has a shop or some type of place where there will be other bikes and parts to bikes. These people are doing this over and over. This right here is part of why insurance costs as much as it does man. Somebody disrespected you, your home, and your things. They think you are weak, and they want to steal from you again. Who knows they might just try it. I know you want to just move on, but life is not about ducking and hiding. Be a man bro' stand up for what is right and stand up for yourself. If you do not life is going to keep throwing things on you that put you in a position to compromise. I know that in my life it seems sometimes I get put in the same position over and over just different circumstances. The only thing that makes it any better is when I figure out what I am doing or not doing and then I face it down. Who knows, maybe the next person they try this on might catch them and confront them leading to them getting hurt or in serious trouble because they did not keep a cool head. If it were me I would probably be locked up in prison over this because I am quick to get busy over someone messing with me or my things. Please do the right thing and see to it that you follow through. A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but one.

Last edited by Stu Pidasso; 07-01-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Needed to add more information and see if I could mispell more words
Old 07-01-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
How did they determine that it was your bike? Pretty crazy after 9 months you got it back hah.
That's what I wonder. The sticker containing VIN was removed and they have attempted to grind off the VIN on the steering column, but it was still readable. I guess that's how they got it. It was obvious the bike was stolen, and I'm glad chp have identified it as mine.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
+1 It is cool they gave you the bike, but there must be other stolen F4i's in LA? The bike looks nothing like yours! Sure they could probably see the paint job underneath after the crash, but it looks like all the accessories are different too?
Well, I have pictures of it before it was gone, and emailed them to the cop for identification. The thieves took the bar end mirrors, my gps mount and cable, micron high-mount exhaust (which I have seen on craigslist a week after the theft), and my aftermarket horn from it. Whoever was riding the bike had no access to horn (this possibly helped in the accident as the guy could not alert the car that switched lanes w/o seeing him). They did however leave my gear shift indicator on it. I am working with Allstate (insurance company of the dude that hit my bike) to investigate this. The agent told me that the rider of the bike told her that he was still making payments on it and claimed that he bought it from some "girlfriends-brother-cousin" ****. She admitted he was fishy with the answers. The guy riding it was going to get 50% of damages, but now that Allstate is aware of the bike being stolen that could change everything.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by 05CBR600F4i
man that sucks! i am so paranoid about someone jacking my bike that i wont leave it anywhere! got pulled over cuase i only had my permit and riding at night and the officer told me i couldnt ride it home. He turned the cornere and i got my b--ch home! really i am more paranoid about someone kicking it down than i am stealing it...sorry bout your luck boss...lesson learned though
Lesson learned indeed. Protect your stuff!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by RedBaron
ewwww purple.... what were they thinking.
That sucks it got molested man, but hopefully you can make some coin back on it.
I'm removing the purple today. It's going to be black and silver before I sell it to someone else. I already got few buyers willing to give me $3000. I will take the best offer tho

Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by fragoso87
sorry to hear that man, been there done that, get a disc brake lock/alarm, as stated before its only a deterrent. I had just a basic disc lock and steering lock and they picked it up anyway, now i have a disc lock with alarm and a saddle outside of my garage and one inside to chain the bike to, sadly thats all we can do. good luck finding it
My new bike has an alarm with tilt sensor so simple picking up will set it off. I also have a proximity sensor on it (very good feature). Anyway, as per my recent posts, I have recently recovered it.

Last edited by mbison83; 07-01-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Honda125 358
Threads like these **** me off. I'm probably going to end up buying a xena disc lock for the front and rear now. I couldn't stand someone taking my bike with as much time as I have into it (as does everyone on this forum). I just want to go full on with security now....ahhhh please make this guy pay one way or the other.
I liked the Xena disc locks being sensitive, but one thing that I didnt like was it going off in my tank bag when riding. Idk why it would do that. I believe Xena needs to improve its design.

I will do my best to get to the bottom of this. I am currently working with an Allstate agent (insurance agent of the guy of the car that hit my bike) to figure out the details on this. I am sure that she wants to know and it's in her interest to get to the bottom of it. I have already faxed her with the stolen and recovery reports I got from chp.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by deegaw11
There will always be haters and theives. I just got my bike cover stolen 2 nights ago and to top it off, the person keyed my beloved car. The funny thing is I don't think it was random because my car was the only one that got keyed on the block. Luckily I had the bike chained to the pole.
Sorry to hear that. I suggest installing some surveillance system in your front yard.

Quick Reply: Thieves.. wtf?!