F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

tail light mounting question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail light mounting question

I have an 02 f4i, and the guy I bought it from had put a tail from a 600rr on it I believe and a taillight from an 04 or newer f4i and did a HORRIBLE job of molding it all together so first thing I did after buying the bike was get the correct tail fairing. I ordered a new undertail and integrated tail light that is the same shape as the stock light... I was going to install it tonight but I have no bracket to bolt the tail light to? Is there a bracket that is bolted to the rear of the subframe or does the tail light bolt to the rear fender on a stock f4i? I made my own undertail with the 04 light as a temporary fix, but would like to get the legit undertail on. The rear subframe looks like it would have a spot for a bracket to bolt to... I looked online for OE parts so I could see a diagram of the rear subframe and taillight but no luck as they are different diagrams.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 PM
vaa

I don't have it in front of me but I had the same issue. My 01 had an undertail with the round LED lights. I wanted the original look and trunk space back so I bought the OEM light but I was missing the mounting spots on the subframe tray. I had to buy a new one anyway because the one I had had the bottom cut for the undertail to fit. I think you need a new subframe tray to have the mounting spots for the OEM tail light. You could fab a bracket to have the 2 light screws to bolt to.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:46 AM

Yeah I'm guessing I'll have to fab a bracket for it. The undertray wasn't completely cut for an aftermarket undertail though, it was just butchered on the end to get the different undertail/taillight combo to fit.