F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tach face plate

Old 08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach face plate

i oreded a white tach face plate off ebay, does any one know how to change that?? i havent even looked how to change it yet, just wondering if anyoen has done this?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Default RE: Tach face plate

I was thinking the same thing. like reverse gauges or somthing? id also like to find some halo's

Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Default RE: Tach face plate

I installed a yellow tach face on the guage of my 02, pics in my gallery. I did it a while ago, but I remember removing the front fairing in order to get to the bolts behind the instrument panel. I unplugged the connecter on the panel, then took the whole instrument panel into the house and put it on the kitchen table because there are small screws u'll need to take out next. The instrument panel comes apart in two halves. Next I think I removed the tach needle, pulled out the post at zero where the tach rests when the bike is shut off, peeled up the stock tach graphic, installed the new tach graphic, put the needle and small post back on, put the instrument panel back together, plugged everything in and installed it back on the bike. Make sure u turn ur key on and double check that ur tach needle swings the whole way up and back down to zero before putting ur fairing back on. U want ur needle to rest on the post at zero. U'll probably want to start ur bike up and check that it reads correctly when running as well. For some reason mine would go down to zero, but then it had like a surge where it ticked up a grand and it stayed, so when I started the bike it was registering too high on the tach. I took it apart and it ended up being that I had to have the needle at a certain range on the tach, so when I plugged it in and started it up the next time it reset itself to zero. I forget where I had the tach needle pointing when I put it back together tho. Kinda time consuming cause of all the little screws. Good luck.