F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

so i destroyed my d&d slip on what do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i destroyed my d&d slip on what do?

i need some advice, my bike is tuned for a D&D slip on, tuned very good for one.. unfortunately it was old and considering the baffle is welded to the 2 end caps it snapped in the middle during removal.
if i get a new d&d i have a feeling im going to have to repack it from the start, or remove the plastic wrapping they put around it to actually let the packing work.
i would love something with screws and cartridges, but the bottom line is, i have a great tune to a d&d and im not sure i want to go to the dyno again. do slip ons vary that much and if there is no horsepower gain in changing from stock why do the companies claim there is?
should i stay with d&d or choose something else? everything i see appears to be riveted.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:40 PM

here is some follow up info, my dyno guy said if i replace it with another brand if the baffle is a smaller diameter, length etc etc it will effect the tune.
i guess with the a/f or whatever. im wondering if it is noticable, we're talking scientific vs real world use. again if anyone has any thoughts lemme know. if im gonna retune i may get a full system.
otherwise im tempted to find if at all possible quiter packing, more packing with a bigger can, same baffle, and just order the baffle from D&D if they would do that.
they build them per order so all i need is the baffle.. i dont really even need the tips welded i can get someone to do that.
and possibly make the can itself fatter with more packing if i weld sheet metal or some crap. i dunno im just throwing idea's out there. i need quiet exhaust without sacrificing my tune!

Old 10-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

No slip on affects the a/f ratio enough to require tuning, so buy whatever brand you want.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 PM

I actually have a d&d in great condition if your interested. I have a full system but if you need the slipon only I dont mind. Has a few 1000 miles on it.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:05 PM

thanks for the offer, im looking into my options, by my measurement, the baffle is 2 inches on the d&d, i hear 2.25 inches is unrestricted, and smaller will be quieter.
so i assume to keep things in balance i stay with a 2 inch baffle, so now im trying to figure out baffle sizes in other options... and what makes the d&d so loud.
the full system sounds nice but the ones i see are never high mounted and i cannot find spec's for them.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:34 PM

so its not the baffle its the core, there are no baffles they are straight through cores, durr..
i went with a yoshimura, got a great deal or so i imagine, came with the insert which makes it MUCH quieter (tested by only reving not under power)
it smells like funk but that is to be expected, however i smell a lingering of gas now. my d&d rarely smelt this way after the tune.
bike feels peppy as to be expected, but as far as noise? THEY ARE BOTH FREAKING AS LOUD AS EACH OTHER DAMN IT!!
the yoshimura has a nice deep 4kRPM and below rumble the d&d didn't, all in all the yoshi is deeper and more interesting sounding.
if anything at 5k rpm and up it may be.. just may be.. quieter than the d&d, at least the silencer just screws in.